Chapter 12

I have no words for this. My own father wants to kill me. His own daughter.

I took ahold of Vlad's arm, and hug it. He look down at me and smiled​.

"I will take care of this." He gave a kiss on my forehead, and walk forward. I took his hand and followed him.

As we walk some of the soldiers step back, but some stand ground with there swords out. I took a deep breath, which I can smell the humans. I tighten my grip on Vlad's hand, which he rub his thumb across the back of my hand to calm me down.

"Why are you calling us a monsters?" Vlad said deep tone.

"Someone told me, my own daughter, hunted an animal! I'm banishing the both of you. You have to leave by morning." Vlad just laugh, at what my father said.

"You can't banish me. You remember I am the Prince Impaler. I can banish you, but my people need someone like you." Vlad says, "We both volunteer to leave. They need someone like you." When Vlad said that, I was hit with a ton of bricks.

I am leaving. My new home. My family. My new friend, Elizabeth. Oh, Elizabeth.

"Make way!" My father said so we can pass. So we walk forward.

"Go get some of your things. I will be back in a minute." He was gone.

I changed​ into bats, in front of everyone, flying to my room faster.

I grabbed​ a leather bag. I stuff some clothes, and a pair of boots. Some books, expecially the book Elizabeth got for me, and the little painting of Vlad and I, that slid perfectly in my bag.

After I was done packing I was just standing in front of my window looking out into the mountains. I felt strong muscular arms wrap around me. Vlad. He is so mesmerizing to look at. He sigh, and snuggle his face in my midnight black hair that is covering my neck.

"You smell good. I love it." He said, after awhile.

I hummed, "But where are we going to go?" I ask.

"I don't know. But I have money." He showed me a large bag of silver coins, "I have more money in my bags." I sigh, looking aways, because the money sting my eyes to look at. So I decided to touch one to see what happens. Vlad went to stop me, but when I touch it excruciating pain burn me. I quickly pulled my hand back and look at my hand. The wound healed quickly.

"Wow." I whispered to myself.

"I know." I hear a heart beating, I can't even think straight. It was a soldier, entering my room. My thirst is coming back.

"Lord Reyes, said to leave now." The soldier ordered. I couldn't even concentrate right now.

I lounge at the soldier, expanding my fangs, "Pomponia, don't." Vlad says, trying to stop me. But I drained his blood dry. It was more satisfying and kept me fuller longer. The poor soul.

"I couldn't help it. It keeps me more satisfied. It is better. Vlad trust me." I say, dropping his body. I turned​ around to see a monster with blue and black veins on it's face. I took a step back, and look at Vlad.

"We need to leave." I heard more soldier coming up the hallway. It was even more clearly hearing now.

I hurry and grab my things and we both took hand and hand, jumping out of the window, turning into bats.