one

~🥀~

March 1, 2010.

      THAT RAINY MORNING,
I was walking towards the hospital, the cold air brushing my skin harshly as I typed the last words to my mother. I heard some noises from behind me which made me turn my head to the side and look at what was happening.

     And just like that, I saw you. You were sitting on the wet, deep green bench, while your own tears drowned you slowly. You had your face buried between your hands as you cried endlessly.

     I forced myself to walk to you slowly, because looking at you- watching you so broken, tore something in me also. It felt like I had a connection with you, I truly don't know how I could explain that feeling. But it was so strange and deep at the same time. I felt like you needed my presence, I felt like you needed something, maybe my words or just me. So without another thought, I let my voice speak up to you without fear of rejection.

"What's wrong?"

     Was the first thing I asked you and probably the only question that truly mattered at that moment.

     You heard me but didn't lift your head up to meet mine, so I sat next to you instead, my left hand still resting on your trembling shoulder as I tried to calm your loud sobs. I think we stayed like that for so long. You crying non-stop, and me listening to you crying while rubbing your shoulder delicately, trying to make you feel better even though I didn't know what was bothering you so much to the point of breaking such a strong man like you.

     After a few moments, you finally turned to look at me, your shiny and warm chocolate eyes meeting mine. You looked so sad. Your lips were trembling, your eyes were puffy and your cheeks red and wet from your salty tears.

     You then lifted a small envelope that you were probably hiding earlier for me to not notice as you handed it to me, your eyes locked on the contact of the white paper with my own skin.

     It felt like you were handing me the key to your life. It felt like you gave me the opportunity to see something in you. And after reading the letter, my heart tightened for you, but when you whispered your desperate words to me, my heart broke inside of me and the pain I felt couldn't be described.

"I'm sick. I'm dying in seven days."

     You whispered to me for the first time. Your voice so broken, so cold.

-
     I'm not here to remind you about what happened two days ago, no. I'm here to share something with you. You'll just have to be patient and read each one of the letters I'll be sending you for the following seven days. I have a secret about someone named Jesus, that I'm about to share with you.

Are you ready?