part five

when tyler came to pick jenna up, she had stopped crying by then. she didn't look at him as she got in the car, and not once did she open her mouth on the way home.

"are we going to dillards?" tyler asked, reaching down and holding jenna's cold hands.

she didn't say anything. a part of jenna hated to ignore tyler, but that part was consumed by fear. lots and lots of fear.

once they arrived home, jenna set her purse in the kitchen and locked herself in the bedroom. no crying, no speaking, just the sound of glass shattering as she tore the mirror from the wall and smashed it on the ground. glass cut itself into her feet as she walked over to the bed, and at the moment, she didn't care about the blood that would stain the sheets.

jenna stayed like that for hours. finally, tyler came in, how she didn't know, and pulled her into his chest and rubbed her back. by now she was crying; she was an ugly crier. her sobs were deep and so unlike her.

"do you want to talk about it?"

jenna only shook her head.

"i'm here for you, love, please don't forget that."

jenna sobbed again, and as more tears climbed down her cheeks, she could hear how she sounded more and more like josh.

she sounded like josh when she cried.

"t-tyler, there's something i need to tell you."