Chapter 28

Ty

The game went splendidly. Ash's team won by a long shot. After the game finishes, I quickly say bye to Will and run out of the stands. I run to the side lines, to see him drinking out of his water bottle. He's wearing a black headband to hold his back his silver hair, that he must have gotten from his locker. It looks nice on him.

He notices me and his face lights up. I race forwards, about to jump into his arms. I freeze, and stop myself right as I get to him. I awkwardly look around for a second then raise my hand for a... high five? A fist bump? A pat on the shoulder? It's almost as if I've forgotten how to be a heterosexual. I give him an awkward smile and he goes for the high five.

"Good game!" I say, slightly out of breath from running.

"Thanks!"

All of a sudden, one of his teammates walk up behind him.

"Hey Ash, who's this?" He's tall. Even taller than Ash. He has jet black hair and nearly matching deep brown eyes. He has this air about him that tells me he's a huge dick, but I won't judge before I get to know him.

"Leave him alone, Josh." Ash turns around to look at him.

"What? I'm just asking you to introduce me?" Ash glares at him.

"Come on, Ty. Let's go."

I turn to leave, but then feel Josh grab my wrist.

"Come on, don't go."

I look him in the eyes and quietly, but not gently, say, "Let go."

He grins, "Make me."

The second he says that, I twist my wrist around and knee him in the stomach. Then, gripping the the hand he is using to hold mine, twist with all my body weight, pushing him to the ground. He immediately releases me and stares in disbelief from the grass. I don't say a word and walk away to where Ash is standing. A couple people are staring at me, but I ignore them.

"How...how..."

I keep walking and Ash scurries to catch up.

"I took self-defense courses when I was younger. My mother didn't want me getting mugged. She said I was an "easy target". It not like she was wrong, but I never though I would have to use them. What do you know."

Ash is still staring at me in disbelief.

"...that's so cool."

I smile back at him and wink. Never knew I could be such a flirt.