Chapter Sixteen.

Song for this chapter;

The Script- Rain.

It had been almost three weeks since I had come on tour with Shawn, and something felt different between us, as if the air had changed. Not in a bad way, but in a good way. It felt amazing- it felt warm, I was happy.

We had travelled to many places in the UK such as Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham- next stop was Paris, and I was super excited to travel around France. Since that first show in London, the confidence I had gained from that event was impeccable, I had done more sound checks with Shawn, and the few times I had done them, I did them with the light on instead of off. Brian also got me a councillor to help with my anxiety, due to the fact that I would be spending a lot of time with Shawn on the stage and with the way I handled that first show- how I almost had a panic attack, Brian wanted me to be 100% okay on this tour.

I was sitting next to Ian on the tour bus sofa, watching re-runs of The Big Bang Theory, we were currently watching the episode where Sheldon and Howard fall out with their girlfriends. Shawn was downstairs in the bunk area, he said his mom wanted to face time with him, but it had been a good hour since he went downstairs and his mom only normally face times him for like 20 minutes.

I shrugged it off and turned my attention back to the TV, we couldn't go out because of being on the road, so we were all a little bored. It was raining outside and rather dark from the overcast clouds that were greying the sky, the only source of light being from the lamp in the corner of the room. I loved the sound of rain, the light tapping it made on the glass was both relaxing and intense, and the small beads of water racing down the windows as if they were trying to beat each other to the finish line. I always loved to curl up in warm pyjamas fresh from the tumble dryer, with a throw, eating popcorn and watching old movies like the breakfast club whenever it rained. It gave me a sense of comfort.

"What are you thinking about" Ian's soft voice chimes through my ears, making me jump slightly, whipping my head to the side to look at him, my green eyes scanning over his features. Ian wasn't that bad looking to be fair. I render him a small smile, in which he returns.

"Just the rain and how relaxing it is." I chuckle to myself. "It's a weird thought I know." I continue but he shakes his head.

"The rains cool, I like it because it reminds me that after the darkness and the cold, there's always a rainbow, that sounds so cringe, but it's just a thought I like to carry with me whenever I get angry or upset." He sighs, looking down at his hands.

"That's sweet." I say, causing him to look up at me again, his brown eyes scanning my green ones. A loud cough emitted behind us, Ian and me moving away from each other. A dark crimson blush crept onto my cheeks. I look over to where the cough came from and Shawn was standing there, a confused look on his face.

"Were you two having a moment?" Shawn looked between the both of us, his lips turning into a frown. I shake my head frantically.

"Of course not! We were talking about the rain and how much we both like it." I sigh quietly, looking at him, he gives me a curt nod before joining us on the couch, wrapping his arm around me protectively.

"You're watching The Big Bang Theory?" He asks, now with a smile on his face, it didn't look genuine but it was something at least.

"Well not really, I wasn't actually paying attention to it, I'm quite bored frankly." I say in almost a whisper. "You know I think I'm going to go downstairs and read" I add, standing up.

"Are you alright?" Ian asks me politely, I nod, heading over to the stairs, making my way down their long spiral. Geoff was in his bunk, talking to his girlfriend, I smiled at their love for each other, I know I'm only seventeen, so I don't have a wide knowledge of love but I know what it looks like, and it suits him well.

I grab 'Pride and Prejudice' and climb into Shawn's bunk, wrapping the blanket around my petite body, lying down and turning the small bunk light on so I could see the words.

I had gotten lost in the empowerment of Elizabeth and Mr Darcy and their unrequited love for one another- not knowing that their feelings they feel are actually returned on both ends. That's what I love about this book, they act as if they don't like each other- in fact they act as if they despise each other when in actual fact they are in love with one another. Although cliché as he has too much pride and she has too much prejudice so they fit well and are bound to have a happy ending, there's just so many possibilities you could come up with, with this book.

I was taken out of my fantasy that was Pride and Prejudice by the curtain of the bunk being ripped to the side by Shawn's large hands, he looks at me with a look I've never seen before, and I couldn't quite put my finger and what that look was, but I gave him a small smile before putting my book down and sitting up.

"Can I join?" He asks quietly, I just nod and watch as he climbs up, sitting next to me, his hands in his lap.

"Why aren't you upstairs?" I ask, but he doesn't answer because he's distracted by his phone continuously buzzing. He looks at it, completely forgetting I was there, he had a grin on his face and his cheeks were lightly flushed. That was definitely not his mom. Maybe I was overreacting, maybe it was some fans, but maybe it wasn't and that kind of hurt something deep inside of me.

"Do you like Ian?" He asks me, his voice monotone- finally putting his phone down and acknowledging my company.

"No, why?" I ask looking at his face, he doesn't look at me though. He takes a deep breath in before looking at me, not just my face, but my eyes. His face was immensely close to mine, I could feel his hot breath on my cheek.

"You two just seem very close lately."

"What like you've been close to your phone? I know you weren't face timing with your mom, I know both you and your mom too well." I scoff quietly.

"It was just a friend-" Before he could continue to say anything I butt in.

"Like Ian is just a friend. We were talking about the rain and how it makes us feel, and even if we did have a moment that shouldn't matter to yo-" This time I was the one who was interrupted but by Shawn's lips colliding into mine in a sweet kiss. It was short, but my God did the butterflies erupt out of their cage that was my stomach.