chapter three: give me therapy

"she noticed everything, but didn't say much. she put a smile on her face, fooling everyone. and everyone thought she was happy. maybe if you actually looked at her, you'd realise how fake it all was. if you just took the time to look in her eyes, you would have seen how close she was to tears. but you didn't. you actually thought she was happy."

It has been three years since I've seen my mum.

Today is the day. I can't believe she even agreed to this. I can't believe my sisters coming either. I would say I hate them but I don't really. They're still my family.

I fluttered my eyes open and looked at the clock Lucy gave me. It read '7am'. I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I thought about going back to sleep but I knew that once I wake up I can't go back to sleep. I got up and open the draws on the side of my bed, I took out a bottle of shampoo and shower gel. I walked to my bathroom and opened the glass shower door and place the shampoo and shower gel on the shelf. I walked out of the shower and stripped my clothes of. Then I dumped them in the laundry bin. After that I stepped back in and showered for about 20 minutes. I stepped out and wrapped myself with the clean baby pink towel I found here already. I tidied up a bit and left the bathroom to get changed.

I found the paper of rules and shit that Lucy left for me. I found the title 'dress code' and read below it. You're pretty much could wear whatever you want but they give you a small baby pink apron that starts at your waist and ends at almost mid-thigh. I walked to my draws and picked out an outfit. I pulled out black high waisted skinny jeans, a black cropped top and white and black checkered vans. As I heard a knock on the door I walked up to it to let whoever was knocking in.

"Hey, I figured you'd be awake" Lucy smiled.

"Good morning" I said quietly.

"I bought you your apron also you should go get some breakfast" She pointed out and lifted the apron in front of me.

I thanked her, took the apron from her and watched her leave my room. I tied the apron around my small waist. It was like I expected to be; white with pink and gold flecks. I checked the clock on my nightstand to see that it's only 7:30am. I walked to my first draw and took out my hairbrush. I walked into the bathroom and facing my mirror, I brushed my hair. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail and tied it up.

After I put my hairbrush away I decided to go downstairs and get some breakfast. I'm not going to lie I'm nervous about making friends and about how long I'm possibly going to be in this place. I don't need to be here I'm fine.

I walked down the stairs and made my way to the hall. I kept my head down and walked to the front of the hall. There were several things too eat; Bacon, scrambled eggs, cereal, toast, beans, waffles and pancakes. I decided to have pancakes. So I bought a plate and places 3 small pancakes and drizzled some syrup on top. I grabbed a knife and fork and picked out a place to sit. I walked closer to the table at the furthest corner in order to avoid everything and everyone. I sat down and started eating. Everything here seemed so luxurious I wondered how much dad paid. My attention was brought to a guy standing he front of me. He had green eyes with soft but messy light brown hair and slightly tanned skin. He had a strong masculine figure and I must admit he looks pretty handsome.

"Hey" He flashed me a pearly smile.

"Hi" I shot him one of my most perfect fake smiles.

"Can I sit?"He pointed to the seat opposite me.

"Knock yourself out" I kept my smile.

"My name is Anthony, but my friends call me Anth" He said.

"Friends? How do you have friends if you're stuck on this shit hole?" I wondered jokingly.

"You can make some here, Emma. They can also visit too" He said staring into my eyes.