Chapter Three

Hello to all the lovely directioners, boyxboy lovers and anyone reading this story! Here's Chapter Three! I hope you enjoy it! Altough I'm not sure if anyone likes it, but I suppose it's a little early to tell anyway... well read on!

xoxoxo Hailey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry’s P.O.V.

“This is it,” Simon said. Gesturing to the vast open space around him. I crossed my arms awkwardly around my midsection as I stood to his right. I could feel my shallow breaths laboring at my sleep-drugged lungs as they took in the clean bright air of the cottage.

I looked around the large ornate cottage… at least it was nice. But nice didn’t lift the heavy lurking feeling in my chest. The entire cottage had a tall sweeping roof and classy hardwood flooring, an upscale modern kitchen and a decked out living space. It was basically any teenage boy’s dream vacation spot. It was only all too bad that the whole ordeal felt closer to a nightmare.

“Wow!” Louis exclaimed in awe, seeming to have left behind his own sulky mood in the car. He rubbed the remnants of a long dead sleep out of his eyes as they widened and scanned through the cottage, taking in every sight as quickly as possible with as little effort required. “Check this place out!”

            I paused my bitterness in space for moment to smile slightly at Lou’s happiness, his grin seemingly infectious to me. Louis’s face was lit up like a Christmas tree, something slightly similar to that of a small child in a toy store, whose parents have just told him he’s free to buy whatever he’d like.

His set of straight pearly whites were on full display as his lips stretched out into that classic grin of his. You see, it wasn’t just any grin. Louis has multiple grins you see. He has his mischievous grin, where his teeth just barely show and his lips tilt up in the corner and you instantly know he’s up to no good. Lou also has his polite grin, he uses this one when talking to his relatives or when we’re in the bit of an interview and he doesn’t want to put off the interviewer by seeming bored. He has a special grin he puts on for photos —it looks good, great even, but a little too posed and model-like. He has nervous grin, which is stunning to the point where it’s distracting, I think this might be the point, because when Lou gets nervous he tries to distract you from the matter at hand —but if you know to look close enough, it doesn’t meet his eyes.

Lastly, he has the grin he was wearing right now. The one he won’t even realize he has on, the one we only see in moments of true spontaneity. This grin is Louis’s best grin. This is the grin that makes him look most attractive, more attractive than he normally does. This is the grin that consumes his entire face; that shows in his eyes and in his voice. I’m sure if this was the grin in his interviews, and in our photo shoots, that Lou would surpass people’s high opinion of me any day.

With that grin and his mischief and charm, he could be the flirt, and I would probably have no choice but to slink back into the shadows and be the quiet one like I truly am. But then where would Zayn be if I were the quietest one? I suppose the fact that Lou’s dazzling grin was a rarity kept our band in order. I smiled. It was odd how the littlest things affected the fragile composition of our band, and how I loved each of these little things to no end.