Chapter 4

After that first time of practising lines,  Ollie and George were together a lot. After a few times, they just left the scripts at home, because they knew they'd be neglecting it after minutes to drink tea and chat. Ollie kept telling himself this:

I'm not in love with him.

Deep down he knew he was. Hopelessly, unconditionally in love with the handsome blonde that could change his mood with just one word. That could make him laugh, cry. George, the only one that could make him be confused about his emotions.  And he did. Every single time he smiled at the boy.

And George? George wasn't denying it at all. He was cute, he could be funny at times... Ollie was everything he needed. He found himself actually caring, and opening up to him. He laughed a lot more and was a lot happier. Even his grades went up. How? He wanted to stay at school to see Ollie. So he tried his best.

It was another day, or, almost night. The clock said 9:34 PM, and still, they were chatting. Until...
"Oh, it's getting late. I should go home."
"You can stay over if you want!" Quincy's father, who had returned home early, said.
Ollie turned red at only the thought.
George began to grin, "I'll take that offer. What do you think?"
"I-I- I guess?"
"You guess?"
"I mean- I'd- Yes, please!"
"That's what I thought," George said, standing up, "I'll ask my sister to tell my dad."
"Why not tell him yourself...?"
"'Cuz he's an ass."

A while later the boys were sitting in the guest room -they decided to sleep there because there was a bunk bed there. Ollie took the upper one and George the lower one. Ollie hung over the side of his bed as George stared at a bunch of papers, a story Ollie had written.
"This is good, cutie."
"What is- O-oh, that isn't d-d-done yet!" Ollie tried to snatch it from his hands but ended up almost falling from the bed. He now hung completely upside down, their faces immensely close, like in that once Spiderman scene.
"Oh, hi~" George purred, before poking the other's nose.
This made Ollie turn red again. "H-hi...."
"What do you have with turning red? It's adorable!"
"C-Can't help it..." He got up and climbed off of the bed, "Can I have my papers back?"
"Hmm... In exchange for a kiss, I might consider it."
"A-a-a kiss!?"
"Or I can just keep it?"
"No, but-"
George began to laugh, "Kidding, kidding!"
Ollie ended up laughing about it too. George handed him back the unfinished story, and said: "It's still good."
"Uh, thanks..." He put it away quickly, and then sighed, "What do you want to do?"
"Um... I don't know."
"Well... we could go onto the roof?"
"The roof?"
"Yes! We can climb through the window and watch the moon!" Ollie began to smile and began opening the window.
George grabbed his coat, and put on his shoes, "Sure."
"Oh, you don't have to wear shoes..."
"Meh, just to be sure."
"Alright." Ollie climbed through the window, stepping onto the flat roof. There was a full moon, and it put the neighbourhood in a beautiful light. Ollie stared at the silver-like orb for a while before George tapped his shoulder.
"It's beautiful."
"Yeah... it is."
"I never get to do this at home."
"You don't get to watch the moon?"
"Nope. Usually I'm working. Dad wants me to focus on becoming a good CEO."
"Oh, really? I'm sorry about that."
"It's okay, really."
They stared at the moon for a while longer before sitting down with their legs swung over the edge and chatting for a while. After a while, Ollie shivered. George looked over and pulled him back down, "You can wear my coat."
"Are you sure?"
"Of course I am, otherwise I wouldn't offer it to you."
"Thanks, then.." He wrapped it around his shoulders and smiled, "I could stay like this forever."
"Me too. Hey, uh... is it wrong of me to ask if you'd... cuddle... with me?"
"U-uh... well..." Ollie turned just slightly red, and then answered with a small 'no'. George smiled and pulled him into his lap, and Ollie allowed it. The smaller boy listened to his steady heartbeat, and enjoyed the serenity and moonlight. And even though they both didn't admit it was one...

It was a perfect first date.