Chapter 7

Ollie was getting worried. George hadn't talked to him in days. Maybe it was his fault? Did he do something wrong? He grabbed his phone and looked at his messages. He had his phone number only because they were in the theatre group app, and he had added the contact. He couldn't muster the courage to text him, though. But... he was far too worried. He had to ask him if he was alright.

Ollie: Hey, George? It's me, Ollie... I wanted to ask if you were doing alright. I haven't seen you in days. Please tell me you're okay... I hope we can talk soon... I'm really worried.

He pressed send. For a few minutes he stared at the phone, hoping George would read the message. Though, after a while he gave up and put the phone away. He looked at Quincy, who was watching some tv. Quincy didn't notice and kept staring at the screen. Ollie shrugged and began to watch tv with him.

A while passed, and they were just watching tv together in complete silence until Ollie's phone buzzed.
Buzz.
Buzz.
Buzz.
"You should pick up." Quincy stated, not taking his eyes off the TV.
Ollie sighed and nodded, pressing the green button on the side of his phone, "Hello?" He stood up and walked to another room.
'Ollie? Hey? It's George.'
"Oh, hey, you're alright!"
'Well... I'm not really alright... I think we can't meet up anymore.'
"What do you mean?"
'My father wants me to study in Europe. And I won't be coming back for a few years.'

Ollie gulped and sat there for at least a minute. He heard George talk, but he didn't know what he said. He was going away. It took a while for him to form a reply, but he did, and said: "You- you can't go!"
'Ollie, listen... I have to. But I want to see you one last time at least. Can we go out soon? Tomorrow?' George spoke, before whispering into the phone, 'Play along, we'll work something out.'
"Uh... yeah... tomorrow is fine." Ollie answered, a bit overwhelmed.
'Alright. Miss you. Bye.' And with that he just hung up.