Chapter 3

"Wake up." Carl said shaking me softly. I stretched my arms out before slowly sitting up. I blinked a couple of times to get used to the light and looked at Carl. "You need to eat breakfast."

I nodded before trailing after him to the kitchen downstairs. Everybody in the kitchen stopped what they were doing when I walked in. "C'mon." Carl muttered as he tugged on the sleeve of my jacket to keep on walking. I followed him like a shadow and sat next to him at the dinner table.

"What are you looking at?" Carl said and everybody quickly looked away, returning back to their business. "So what's your name?" Fiona asked me while leaning on the kitchen countertop. I looked at Carl and he answered for me. "Her name is Elena." He got up and poured orange juice in two cups for us and sat back down.

"Why is she here, not to be rude or anything." Fiona quickly said. Carl sighed before looking at her. "Her little sister died, she was the little girl next to Frank."

Everybody froze. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry for your loss, Elena." Fiona said with sympathy. The red head girl next to me put her hand on my shoulder for support. "Where are her parents?"
Fiona asked. "Her mom's at the hospital and her dad is..." Carl trailed off looking at me. I shrugged my shoulders. Emily and I haven't seen him since the doctors declared that Emily would need a new heart.

"Can you talk?" The girl next to me asked. I looked at her and shook my head. "Well I'm Debbie, that's Liam and Sammie is with her son, probably at the hospital." The girl said and pointed at herself and an adorable little boy sitting down across from me.

After a few minutes of just staring at the cup of orange juice, I poked Carl's arm. I pointed to myself and made a shape of a house in the air. He caught on afterwards. "You need to go home?" He asked slouching in his chair.

"Let's go then." He said and got up before grabbing his jacket from the couch and walked outside. "Where do you live?" He asked. I pointed straight ahead and made a couple of turns with my right index finger.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, so you just lead the way." Carl said with a dumbfounded look on his face. I sighed and continued to walked straight ahead.

We walked for about 15 minutes before we arrived at my house. It was outside of Carl's neighborhood and it looked more safe. I opened the small gate to my two story house, which was surrounded by roses and other vibrant colored flowers, and walked up the gray steps.

I bent down to pick up a red vase that was hiding a small silver key. I got back up to put the key in the lock and turned it before opening my door.

"Nice crib." Carl commented as he looked around. I shruged my shoulders before walking up the stairs, but I stopped when I didn't hear a second pair of footsteps following mine. I turned around and motioned for Carl to follow me. He sighed before following me upstairs.

I quickly packed a few outfits into an old bag that I've had for a few years. After my dad left us, my mom went into therapy to cope with her depression. I thought that it was gone because she started smiling and laughing like it was the good old times. I guess her depression was just hiding and waiting in the dark waiting for the right time to strike.

"You ready?" Carl asked from behind me. I nodded and followed him down the stairs but stopped at the door. I ran back up the stairs and opened the door to Emily's room. It was covered in pink and her bed was arranged with her stuffed toys. I went to her dresser and opened the drawer that held all of her jewelry.

Emily loved this one necklace so she never took it off, but she had to when she started getting sick. The metal would interfere with the tests that the doctors took because it was metal.

I closed my eyes before stuffing it into my pocket and turned to exit the room but I stopped when I saw Carl blocking the door.

"Now are you ready?" He asked once more. I gave a small smile before walking out the door. Carl closed Emily's door and intertwined our fingers as we left my house, but I didn't mind.

He was something for me to hold onto in this cruel world.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡

Hey peoplz!! I'm back and I'm sorry for the super long wait. Well, today is the day where I'm updating every one of my stories just for you guys!! How is your school year going so far? Mine's okay but there's a lot of drama.😐

Anyways, don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me please if you're enjoying my story.

Byee❤❤