Chapter 7

3rd P.O.V

Dear Carl,

How are you doing? I don't really know what to say other than I really want to hug you. I feel clingy without you here and I'm slowly losing my mind.
Fiona isn't doing the best. She's coming home late at night or not coming home at all.
Ian is struggling with something but I don't know with what because he's locked away in his room all day.
Lip is trying to be the normal one but he's distant now.
Debbie is always mad at everything saying that nothing will be the same.
Frank is doing the same. Alcohol, mourning, and being weird.
Liam is getting bigger and always wanders to your room.
We all miss you but we express it in different ways. Please tell me that you're not getting into trouble. I don't want to sound uptight but I want you to be safe. Come home soon.

Love,
                     Elena

The brown haired boy puts down the letter as he rests his head on his arm. It's obvious that the boy is battling something on the inside but he doesn't speak a word.

"Hey, white boy." a new voice interrupts the boy's train of thought, making the teen crumble the paper immediately and hide it from sight.

Turning around, he sees GD, one of the few Asians in the compound, standing outside his cell. "Hey. What's up, GD?" Carl says lowering his voice to act nonchalant.

The tanned boy raised his eyebrow, clearly suspicious of the newcomer's actions. "JT is packed with the good shit, man. You up for some?"

"Uh," the 14-year-old faltered for a second, remembering the letter. "Nah man, maybe next time? I'm pretty tired right now."

GD looked at the smaller of the two for a few seconds before walking into his cell and closing the door once he stepped inside. "Okay what's wrong?"

Carl froze but recovered in a second. "Nothing, bro, I'm fine." He didn't want to seem weak in front of one of the most popular guys in the compound. Feelings were a sign of weakness and after everything Carl has done, he was not weak. Getting sad was weak. Getting sad over a girl was just pathetic.

GD ran his hand through his bright, red dyed hair. He wasn't an idiot like the rest of the guys here. He was smart and could read someone's emotions like he was reading a book. "Yeah right." He barked a laugh. "But low-key what's with you? You haven't left your room at all today and I can see that letter that you're trying to hide."

Carl relented. He pulled out the letter from behind him before tossing it on the desk in front of him. "There. I got a letter. You happy?"

The elder rolled his eyes before grabbing the letter, smoothing it out, and read it to himself. He paused for a few seconds before snapping his sharp eyes to Carl's. "You like her, don't you?"

Said party blanched. He shook his head. "No. I can't. "

"Why not?"

"Because she doesn't like me." He replied.

"How do you know? She sent you a letter and I bet she's going to send her more."

He remained silent. A blush was creeping up his face. "She's mute and I'm a drug dealer. She could be targeted."

"Well then," The red head held all sense of seriousness in his voice."Stop dealing."

Carl looked up at him in shock. He expected to hear this from his family (except from Frank, who would most likely encourage him to continue.), but not from the top drug dealer.

"You have my permission to live a normal life, kid, while you still can."

____________

Oh my freaking gosh. 1k?! *faints* Thank you readers, so much.🤧🤧 I'm so grateful for you reading this far even though this story has a lot of errors and could be much better. And.... high school is.... yeah.😂

This was just a filler and a sorry excuse of a chapter to make up for my absence. :(

Thank you so much for the votes and reads!❤❤❤