Who Am I Kidding?

Word count: 2400~ words
Paring(s): developing Prinxiety and established Logicality if you squint, platonic Moxiety & platonic Royailty
Warnings: implied touch-starved Roman, blood mention, infected wound, Roman is in this weird pessimistic state don't worry abt it, death mention, main character wants to die like most of us, swearing (tell me if I missed anything!)

"Why are you such a clueless, arrogant, bastard?!" Anxiety sneered.

Prince laughed dryly. This is the conversation he's had with anxiety a million times before, and one he'll have a million times again.

"Maybe you shouldn't exist anymore. I mean besides, Patton and Logan can do your job just fine if they work together."

Anxiety smacked a hand over his mouth. Did he seriously just say that?

Tears brimmed in Roman's eyes. His hands trembled and his head spun. Roman gave one last glare at Anxiety and left the commons, running down the hall, unsure of where to go next.

Prince hadn't gone off to his room. He didn't feel particularly creative, confident, or optimistic, so why go out of his way to trudge back to his room? Roman turned to the left, making his way to a dark, vacant warehouse-like space.

Roman peered over the edge of the Mind Palace. It was dull and just overall sad. Kind of like a void. He sat down and started to think.

He thought about how easy it would be to just jump off the edge of the palace. Besides, he thought. I've picked myself up time and time again. No one cares about me. Why should I care about me?

He thought about how he was arrogant. How he was cold and distant. How he's wanted to change. I can't change. Even if I tried again and again, I'd be driving myself to insanity.

Prince's voice was raspy and very bland. He repeated the definition of insanity to himself.

"Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results,"

Logan had told him this when he noticed Roman's approach to solving problems.

Roman thought about how he never hated Virgil. He thought about how he started the argument because he wanted someone just to pay attention to him.

Roman longed to feel something again. Happiness, pain, sadness, he didn't care. He thought about it. He didn't want to feel numbness anymore. It's like I forgot how to feel.

The feelings of isolation he had repressed for so long made his gut churn in the worst way.

He drew his sword and slashed it around in mid air. Maybe he could stab himself with it? Would that even work? It was worth a try. Maybe no one would come after him. Just like all the times he's gone on adventures and come back bloodied up. I patch myself up every time. He was so caught up in his own thoughts, Roman didn't here the flurry of footsteps approaching him

The running stopped behind him. There stood Anxiety, his face paled with panic.

"Princey,"

Prince was startled. Then he laughed. He laughed and laughed to the point where he couldn't stop laughing. But it wasn't funny.

He presented his sword to Anxiety. "Go on, Anxiety. You can do the honors of killing me." He managed between his own laughter.

"I seem to deserve it anyways."

Anxiety was...mortified. This wasn't the Prince he knew. Roman was acting...aloof. Anxiety knew that from many times before where he himself had been forthcoming. Anxiety finally mustered up enough courage to answer.