It's Raining Somewhere Else

Warnings: Deceit, negative thoughts, sad Patton, Logan slaps Deceit, Patton cries

Paring: Logicality (can be read as platonic or pre(romantic)-logicality)

Notes: this took too long but I like it a lot. Enjoy! Also, DECEIT? BITCH WOAH
——
Patton sat on the counter of the kitchen, the warm light from the oven was the only light in the room.
His eyes were puffy, his face was blotchy, and he knew if he were to talk, he would cry again.

All he could think about was how the other sides teased him relentlessly. Of course he'd never tell them that he was hurting, because at this point, Patton was used to being the punching bag. He just wanted the others to be happy, that's all. If he couldn't be happy, so be it.

"You're so selfish, Morality," something hissed.

"I know," he answered, his voice was raspy.

"You aren't needed, Morality."

"I know."

"You'd be better off dead, Morality."

"Falsehood," another voice spoke up. Logan?

Who Patton could only assume was Deceit, growled. "Your knight in shining armor came to save you again. How delightful."

"He can save himself, Deceit."

Deceit had yelped as a small sound broke the still air. "Logic you insufferable-" the same sound broke the air, but it was louder.

"Logic that's enough!" Patton demanded. "Just let Deceit leave."

Logan was shocked at Patton's tone, and Deceit took that moment to slither away.

"I just slapped him on the back of his neck, no harm done," Logan walked over to the kitchen. "Why are you awake?"

Patton just stared blankly at the oven before him, the smell of chocolate chip cookies danced around the two. Logan understood. Even if he was more of a speaker than a listener, he still knew what this was about.

He carefully placed his hand on top of Patton's.

An unspoken apology, a confession of a plethora of feelings.

Logan could see Patton's soft smile in the faint glow of the oven. However he noticed the sparkle of tears. Patton was silently crying. He asked himself: how many times does Patton cry silently as to hide that he isn't okay?

He didn't need an answer. He reached up with his other hand and gently wiped the tears away. Patton turned to him, and Logan smiled.

Logan smiled, and hugged Patton.
Patton leaned into the touch, and hugged back.