Chapter Four

Khalil Point Of View*

My mind raced as I added the days from the first time I slept with Mayani, a little over four months ago. That was my baby not Devin's! I could feel myself getting upset. How could she? Why didn't she tell me?! I've always been there for her when she needed me, hell I've been there for her even when she didn't need me. So I'm not good enough to be her child's father! My mind wandered as I tossed and turned, searching for sleep.

The next morning I didn't even know I had fallen asleep. When I woke up Mayani wasn't there. I got up, slipped on some basketball shorts and a tank top then went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I brainstormed ways to ask her without spazzing on her as I walked downstairs. She was in the kitchen making breakfast. I glanced at her and sat at the island.

"Whose baby was it, mines or Devin's?"

She didn't answer.

"How many months were you?" Still no answer.

She just looked at me as tears filled her eyes. "You were 4 months, hugh?"

A tear rolled down her face. That's all I needed to answer my questions. I got up grabbed my keys off the kitchen table next to her and walked out the house. She followed me outside.

It took everything in me not to choke her out. I wanted to wrap my hands around her neck and squeeze until she stopped moving. I've never put my hands on her, but she was making it hard for me to control myself let alone my anger.

"Khalil" I heard her call out through tears. I didn't look back I just kept on walking.

"Please Khalil." She cried out. I stopped and turned to her to let her explain.

"Please let me explain, I didn't know what I was going to do Khalil. I suspected but I didn't-" "Fuck you Mayani. Fuck you mean you didn't know what you were going to do? Have I or have I not always been there for you?! You fucking tried me man. I love you, this is what you wanted! May I remind you I wanted to be with you and only you and this is what the fuck you do. You should have never slept with me then, you already knew what time it was! I'm straight off you Mayani man I can't even believe you." I Yelled walking away. I didn't even want to hear her excuse and I didn't care who heard us.

She just stood there crying, I felt bad, but I couldn't believe her. I've always been there for her. I never turned on her nor put her second to none. She sat on a pedestal in my heart and my life. I just got in my car and drove home. I wasn't in the mood for anyone's bullshit not even Tika. I parked my car and walked into the house. Tika was laying down on the couch.

When I walked in she woke up. "Khalil" she softly said. "I'd been waiting for you all night."

"Tika man I-" "Babe I need to talk to you." She interrupted in a serious tone.

I looked at her trying to read her emotions, but her face was blank. I didn't know what she wanted to talk to me about. I sat down on the edge of the couch and looked at her. She sat up and turned to me. "I'm pregnant." She said not knowing what to expect from me.

We've talked about this and she knows that I didn't want kids. I told her that it was because I was still in the streets but in my heart knew it was because I had no intentions on being stuck with her long term. Not to mention Mayani wouldn't take me seriously if I did, especially being that she is the only girl she has ever had an issue with.

As if my day couldn't get any worse. I just got up and went to the room and grabbed my labby and a change of clothes.

She just sat on the couch crying.