Chapter 7

"Wait what?" I whispered. "I made him mad?"  She looked at me with a grimace like she blamed me for it.

"Apparently you did," she said. She continued to look down at the dish she was washing.  This had to be the worst day of my life. I had started a war with the Dark Angels and the White Angels. Everything bad seems to happen to me.

Then I noticed something. Kara was wearing a tighter shirt, so I noticed that there was a bump. A slight little baby bump that could almost be mistaken for fat.

"Kara...are you...pregnant?" I asked.  She looked up from her dishes and her face darkened. She swallowed and placed a hand over her baby bump.

"Yes."

I didn't exactly know what to say. I mean, she was only 16. I just nodded my head and wished I'd never asked.  I turned to look at the dirt ceiling and took in my surroundings. I noticed that the door we'd come through was on the ceiling with a ladder coming down from it. That must be where Brit carried me down after I'd lost nearly all my energy.  There were ends of weeds potruding from the ceiling and the sides of the walls. I even noticed that in the back bedroom there were gigantic roots of trees running down the side of the damp, muddy wall. 

Lovely place, I thought.  I was sitting there admiring the plastic that our bundle of clothes had been wrapped in to protect it from the dirt when Kara walked in solemnly.  I noticed she was about to tell me something.

"Listen, I'm sorry I asked earlier. It just slipped out.  You don't have to tell me anything," I said feeling sorry for her.

"No, it's okay. Actually, I was wanting to talk to you because I like you and I think you would understand," she said. I nodded my head and waited for her to tell me.

"I'm three, almost four months pregnant. I was raped on my 15th birthday which was three or four mounths ago.  I had been drinking and I let a guy take advantage of me," she explained never looking me in the eyes.  She was ashamed.

"I'm so sorry, Kara.  Don't beat yourself up.  It wasn't your fault," I told her reassuringly. Smiled and patted her tummy.

"I wonder if it's a boy or a girl," she said looking at the ceiling with a smile. I laughed. I was kind of glad she confided in me. 

Suddenly, Ella strutted in with her long, black hair in a sleek ponytail.

"Wonder if what's a boy or a girl?" she asked with a malicious smile on her face.

"You," I retorted and dragged Kara with me out of the bedroom and shoved Ella away.  She snorted with her nose high in the air and walked over to where Greg was sitting in the kitchen and put her arm on his shoulder.

"Where's Emily?" I asked, noticing the quietness immediately.  Greg and Ella suddenly had a look of fear on their faces.

"This morning Brit left to do something and Emily followed him because of her gigantic crush on him,"  Ella said snappishly.  I realized that this was very dangerous. I knew there were gaurds patrolling this whole area. They could die.  I covered my mouth with my hand to hide the terrified gasp. Before anyone could stop me I ran to the bedroom and changed into a pink tank top and jean shorts-that were very short.

I allowed my wings to burst out and flew through the door before anyone had a chance to stop me.  I raced through the forest and winced as twigs and other brush hit my face and body. Damn.  There's blood marks.  Then I see a hand--it was attached to a body, thank goodness. There is Brit.  I fall from my place in the air onto my knees. He's moaning.

"They got Emily," he said so softly I almost didn't hear.

"It's okay. It'll be fine," I told him through tears. His shirt was ripped and I noticed the arrow in his side. He smirked.

"Worried about me?" he said.

"Shut up, Brit. Now is not the time to get all cocky," I said as I wiped the dirt from his face and chest frantically--liking the feel of his abs under my hand.

"Now, what happened," I asked shakily.  He looked up at me with his adorable eyes.

"I fought them off, but there were a lot.  I swear I didn't know Emily was following me.  I really didn't. They had already gotten her, but then they came to get me and shot me with their out dated weapons and I only had enough time to fight them off before I lost so much blood and--" I shushed him.

"It's okay, but why did you leave?" I asked him.  Crap.  The arrow was poisoned. There was green acidic juice running from his wound mixed in with the blood. 

"I heard a noise," he said simply.

"Brit, you are so stupid! Stay right here and I'm going to get Greg, Kara, and Ella to come help get you back into the thing!" I semi-shouted.

"The thing?" he asked. I told him to wait and I flew as fast as I could to go get help. When I returned his eyes were closed, but he was breathing. I could only watch as Greg, Ella, and Kara heaved him into the house thing.

***

After they had cleaned him around his wound I looked at it intently.  I fixated my eyes on the spot and thought of it healing. My eyes began to glow and burn.  I heard Brit sigh intently and when it was done I fell right beside him feeling drained, and passed out.

I've been passing out a lot lately.

***

"We need to get my little sister!" I heard Greg scream in the kitchen. What a pleasent thing to hear right when I wake up. Brit's arm was around me and I found it extremely hard to get up. Each time I tried he only tightened his hold.  It was getting to the point where I was gasping for air.

"Brit!" I screamed, "Lemme go! Lemme up!" He just tightened his grip once more.

"Greg! Help me!" I yelled. He turned and looked at me and doubled over laughing.

"You should....see....your....face!" He said inbetween laughs. He was holding his stomach.  He only cared about the funniness, but he didn't care about the dyingness of me! (Ya, I know dyingness isn't a word ppl).

He held in his laughter long enough to tackle Brit off of me.  Brit sat bolt upright and screamed.

"Whaaaa!!!!" he screamed. Greg had obviously startled him. When Brit collected his surroundings he realized he had just been scared and ran and tackled Greg.

When they were done their hair was a mess and their faces were flushed.  Greg walked over to Ella and made out with her. Ugh.  I had finally had enough when he reached down and grabbed her butt, when they broke apart everyone turned serious.

"Seriously, what are we going to do about Emily and the other White Angels that were captured?" Greg asked.

"We need some time to come up with a plan," Brit said.  He ran a hand through his hair and walked into the kitchen.

"Want a smoothie, Victoria?" Brit asked.

"Yea, sure!" I said happily. I enjoy a good smoothie.  He only made me one, though.  Apparently, he wasn't hungry.

A few minutes after the smoothie I was feeling a little giddy. "Tee-heee-hee!" I said. Brit dragged me into the bedroom and sat me down with a grin on his face.

"Um, Victoria. I put Indigo Berries in that smoothie by mistake," he said.  I jumped from the bed and danced around, howled and acted like a complete lunatic before Brit grabbed me and set me down forcefully. 

It went all chicken rainbow spaceships from there.

***

When I woke up I was sprawled out on top of Brit. I still had my clothes on which was a good sign, but I had some time of hangover because when I said Brit's name a piercing pain shot through my temple.

"Brit? What did I do last night?" I managed to ask. He looked up at me, eyelids fluttering open.

"You danced like a lunatic," he said. "You also did a sexy strip dance for me," he added.  I shot upward.

"Really? REALLY!!" I screamed.  He laughed some more.

"No, I'm kidding. I wish you did though," he said. He kissed me. I sighed and remained in my position and refused to get up.

We still needed a plan to save all the White Angels. That will be done tommorrow.