Chapter 11

I awoke in a tent. Brit's arm was slung around me. His lips were pressed to the curve of my neck. I shoved him off and tiptoed outside of the tent quietly. I opened the flap and looked around for a minute. The night of the battle I was too tired to really realize how beautiful this forest really was. The way the sunshine shone on the spring, green trees made even logs look like a work of art. I sound poetic, I know, but everything just looked so magnificent.

Last night, Kara and I had a brief discussion with her about last night and how everyone was so stressed out. We didn't talk much about her freaking out and telling everyone she was pregnant by mistake, but we did make up and we told everyone that it was true, but we didn't say who the father was. Then people would shun her completely.

Back to reality.

I looked up and noticed a deer was grazing nearby. She didn't see me. She was too concentrated on eating the few patches of grass there were in the forest. Otherwise, it was just sticks and dirt. I laughed by accident when she sneezed because of some dirt that tickled her nose.

She turned and ran. I sighed. I hadn't realized I had my hands out when she fell to the ground with a thud. I had electrocuted her by mistake.

"Oh, crap!" I said. I quickly ran over to the deer and noticed she was having little spasms from the electrocutions. Oh my goodness.  I just killed a poor little innocent animal. I began to feel tears well up in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry," I said. I rubbed the deer's side until she passed away.

I heard footsteps and turned to my left to see a familiar face. Her hair was wavy and fell just past her shoulders.  It was Bethany! I then noticed her wings were no longer the evil black color they had been, but they had turned a pure white color.

"You're dead," I whispered, my voice shaking. She smiled and shook her head. She pointed to the necklace she was wearing. It was an aqua colored blue white mist swirling inside. I remembered she wore it the day Brit killed her.

"My grandmother gave me this necklace. I'm just glad she warned me not to tell father what it did. You see, this necklace is the most powerful charm in the world. My grandmother got it from her grandmother and realized that in this time I would need it. It carries the soul of a White Angel. My grandmother was going to give it to Samuel, my father, but then realized he was evil, but then waited to give it to someone worthy. She could of given it to Ella, one of my many sisters as you may already know, but she gave it to me instead. That day I tried to kill you, I knew I would die, so I wore the necklace so I could be reborn again. This is to show you that I am ready to be good," she said. She clutched the necklace and looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"I'm shocked, but happy you're ready to be good," I said. I felt like I was talking to preschooler. Before, I never really believed in magical stuff, even before I became an angel, but now I certainly do.

"About you killing my father," she began. "I think we can both agree that he kind of deserved it. I just was really caught up in the moment of him dying. I didn't think things through," she said.

I nodded.

"Then we agree we will never talk about it again," I said. I stood and dusted off the dirt from my pants and shook her hand.

She looked down skeptically at the deer I had just accidentally killed. She smiled and bent down.

"I never knew you were a hunter," she said.

I blushed.

"Well, I, um. Well, I kind of accidentally electrocuted it," I said. It sounded harsh when I said it, but she giggled.