Chapter 7

"How was your first day?" Sage asks her niece over Skype.

"It was alright, hard but alright." Brianna replies.

"You like your new school?" Sage asks.

"Where's my dad" Bri asks.

"He's doing training" Sage says.

"Why aren't you?" Brianna asks.

"I out rank him" She replies.

"Really?" Bri asks shocked.

"Yeah he's probably somewhere on the trails working on running the 8 miles I said they had to. Perks to out ranking everyone" Sage says.

"Really" Bri asks.

"Yeah I made the whole unit do it just for the hell of it. Your dads actually one of the fastest in my unit" Sage remarks.

"Brianna someone's at the door for you" Rick says knocking on her bedroom door.

"Be right back Auntie" She says getting up leaving her room.

Moments later Drew walks into the barracks.

"Everyone else is still like 2 or more miles back" Drew says laughing catching his breath.

"Auntie Sage meet my friend Melissa I met her this morning after you dropped me off." Brianna says introducing Melissa to Sage.

"Your dads right here if you want to talk to him" Sage offers to Brianna who Melissa was now lying beside on her bed.

"Dude did you really just lie down beside me on my bed in your sweaty running clothes?" Sage questions daringly.

"Yeah he did Aunt Sage" Brianna laughs.

"Melissa meet my other dad, Captain Drew Alister. And that's my aunt, Major Sage Alister. They are both Army Medics, and they work at San Antonio Memorial Hospital when not deployed or training." Brianna says introducing her.

"My moms, um one is deployed in Bagram Afghanistan, the other she's a physical therapist at San Antonio Memorial Hospital" Melissa says.

"We have more in common than we knew" Brianna says.

"Hey Melissa anything you want us to bring anything to your mom?" Sage offers

"We can meet you at the gate and pick whatever it is up" Drew adds.

"Uhh sure" She replies.

"Rick can drive us tomorrow after school" Brianna says.

"My mom hasn't responded to all the letters I've sent her so I . . . I stopped sending them to her" Melissa confesses. "So I have like a huge stack. Can you give her those. Her name is Captain Kara Riley."

"We will be sure to get them to her" Sage assures Melissa.

"We can see if she'll Skype with you too" Drew says.