Chapter 14

The recovery had been long but the people would get through it.

"Is it true you're gonna adopt me" Megan asks Drew having entered the tailgate.

"Well technically my sister is but she's kinda living with my family right now" Drew explains "But no matter what you are family"

"Wait so you want me" Megan squeals.

"Chill down she's still going through the paperwork" Drew remarks.

"Not anymore sir I've been approved and they wanna talk to Megan about how she feels" Sage says walking into the tailgate. "By the way the lady from child services will be here tomorrow at 8pm"

"Ok thanks" Megan says.

"Gotta go I'll be back later" Sage says heading back to the ER.

"Drew I'm scared" Megan confesses.

"About what exactly?" He asks.

"All of this" Megan says. "I'm not sure if I'm ready to move on"

"We don't want you to move on until your ready, or forget. Just do what you're passionate about in there memory" Drew explains. "Sage cares about you. She cares that your happy. Anything you need to be happy let her know and she will try her best."

"They would have liked you guys" Megan says.

xxxxxxxxxx

Sage had started going to the pediatric oncology ward. She had found the kids there were happy when she came around. She played her Cello, or her viola.  Sometimes even singing for them.

"Karen what song shall we sing now" Sage asked a girl sitting in the front.

"Can't Help Falling in Love" Karen answers.

"Pass me the ukulele" Sage asks one of the other kids handing Sage her neon yellow ukulele.

xxxxxxxxxx

"Sage" Kenny calls

"Yes Kenny" she replies.

"You got approved she's officially yours" He replies.

Sage runs off to find Megan and Drew.

"Megan I've got some bad news" Sage says. "Your stuck with us forever"

"You had me worried for a second" Megan replies.

xxxxxxxxxx

"Alisters we have 4 army medics coming in for training Friday" Scott informs the two siblings who had just walked by him. "Reagan, Boon, Adams, and Jones"

"Alright thanks" they say.

"On Friday we get to instruct" Sage says sighing.

"Should be fun to pretend to be shot at while treating pretend victims" Drew says being optimistic.

"True. But let's just hope these medics are any good" Sage says.

Short chapter I know. But the next chapter will be long. Thanks for reading ~A