Chapter 6

"Yes Alpha." Seven and Evaline stepped up as the other kids ran off.

"Girls, If you agree, I would like you to be Squad Leader and Gamma of Squad 1A." Em was back to her normal self as she spoke to the two girls.

"Of course, Alpha." The girls answered.

"You don't have to call me that when it's just us. I'm Emma, this is my twin Alex, and our step brother Mathias." Mathias gave them a small wave. "I'm putting him in your squad. Place him as you want, train him. Help him grow. I have to go soon, but I trust you can take care of him."

"Of course, we'll make sure he's safe." Evaline spoke with all her heart.

"I'll make sure he doesn't die. He might get hurt a bit though. You know how it is here." Seven looked me right in the eye.

"Ok, well we have to go to bunk inspections. Thanks for that Em. Tell everyone that in one week we will be having a battle against my school. SpiritClaw against The Blessed of Ares."

"Ok, well I'll see you then." Seven said as she ran off to clean up her bunk.

"I'll go tell Camilla. Do you want me to take him or do you want to do it?" Evaline asked us.

"We'll take him. Thanks though." Evaline walked away as Mathias asked the question neither of us were prepared to answer.

"You're leaving me here?" I looked at his sweet face as his eyes begged me to deny it.

"I have to, if we stay you would be in even more danger. This place is shielded from the gods, Dad might have stepped down, but he can still find his children. Here you're safe. If we don't go back to school, he'll know where we are." I was about to cry as I watched his heart breaking. "More importantly, he would know where you are. He can't hurt us anymore, but he can still hurt you. The only place that's safe for you is here. It wouldn't be safe if we were here." He nodded, the tears streaking his face. I opened my arms for a hug. He started to sob in my arms. "Shhh, it will be alright. I know it's hard. It will get better. This place is my home. I know you can come to love it here. It just will take some time. Just give it a chance ok bro." He looked up at me.

"For you, I'd do anything. You know that." I smiled at him.

"Dry your tears, it's time for a tour of the only place I've ever loved." Wiping his eyes with one hand, and holding mine in the other, we started heading towards the barracks.