Good bye

(Recap)

"Sweet pea!" My grandfather yelled; but at the moment I was too curious to care thus being the reason I didn't answer. 

I finally opened the box only to come face to face with an orange envelope. What it is in it? What would happen if I opened it? Why would there only be an envelope inside the box and nothing else? 

The questions consumed my mind leaving me at stage one. I have to open this. I thought before tearing the envelope open. 

(End of recap)

 "Sweet Pea!" My grandfather yelled once more; I heard his footsteps getting closer and closer causing  me to panic

I hid the letters within my jacket pocket and turned the box upside down so it looked like it was never opened. 

"Sweet pea?" My grandfather questioned as he opened the attic door 

I mumbled a 'Mhmm' as he grinned at me. "You're mother is here" he simply stated before walking away once more. I stumbled down the ladder. My mind still on those letters. What secrets do they hold? 

I strode into my room pretending to be calm.

"So what were you doing in the attic?" he questioned like some sort of detective

"Well I-uh got bored while you were on the phone and decided to explore."  Not a lie but not the full truth either. Hopefully he won't notice anything.

"Oh I should've told you not to go up there. There's a lot of spiders in the attic. Those stupid whippersnappers" he grumbled before looking at me once more. 

"I'll help you with your bags?" He said but it sounded more like a question

I nodded and smiled. Still keeping up the facade. 

After about ten minutes my things were packed and ready to go. We opened the door and stepped outside. 

"Thanks grandpa" I said before giving him a hug. "I love you." I gave him a peck on the cheek and turned around. 

"G-grandpa? W-Why are there news reporters and a white van?" I asked as my eyes finally settled on my mother. Standing there with glassy eyes. My heart broke at the sight, I hate seeing my mother this way.

"Look inside your pocket." He whispered