Extra Chapter!

*Rynn's POV*

I couldn't help but let tears escape the dam of my eyelids as I saw Jessica laughing. My heart dropped to my stomach at the sight. I held my hand above my heart as I attempted not to sob. 

I hid behind my dodge caravan and slumped against the bumper; finally let myself cry my eyes out. I checked my phone to see what time it was but was distracted by the reflection. My eyes were red and puffy. My cheeks were a bright tomato red and the rest of my face was pale. 

I slowly brought my wrist to my mouth and took a bite at the soft skin. No more crying. You must remain strong. 

*Jessica's POV*

"Jessica." the mystery man sitting across from me began, I glanced up in his direction and noticed him holding a nice pile of fresh, clean clothes. Like the attire of those who were occupying the benches. 

"You're going to have to change into these. Okay?" I slowly nodded and did as I was told. I took my seat once more across from the mystery man. 

"Jessica..." He trailed off "That is what you are going by now, correct?"

I nodded in response not sure of what he was trying to say "Of course. Who else am I to be?" 

He moved uncomfortably in his chair whilst gazing at me. Scratch that. Observing. 

"Jessica. You are diagnosed with a disease known as Ghost disease. As I observe you now I believe you have multiple personalities as well. Different people if that's what you prefer to call them." After taking a moment to let the information sink in I finally decided to speak. 

"What is this thing you call Ghost disease?" I questioned starting to become curious. 

I am normal. I know the kids at school pick on me a lot but that's because they're dumb teenagers who have nothing better to do than make other people feel less that what they are. 

"Ghost disease is when a person believes that they are possessed by a person who has recently passed on."

"Who has passed on ?" I questioned becoming more confused by the second

He showed me a photo of my grandfather "Do you know who this is Jessica?" I nodded as I whispered the answer under my breath. He nodded and handed me a cup of water. 

**************

After the talk about ghost disease I began to wonder about these "Other people." Thus being the reason I questioned him about it.

"When you become overwhelmed with an emotion such as anger or depression or something along the lines, you become confused on how to deal with them. So you have created another person to deal with the pain and suffering." He took in a deep breath before continuing "It is your way of dealing with emotions. A way of going on. I have had many patients with the same illness."

I immediately jumped up and began screaming "I am not a patient. I am like everyone else!" 

"Jessica I meant no offense. Please do sit. There is more." I angrily pulled out the chair and sat, mumbling a few profanities. 

"When your other personalities are to take over, you won't remember. Because you believe it is someone else.. You are letting the voice inside your head take over. It must have been recently because you would've shown signs earlier in life when your doctor did his regular check-ups."

I was lost in my thoughts unsure of what to say. What am I supposed to say? My whole world has just turned upside down and I have no idea what to do about it. 

"Jessica?" The mystery man then frantically waved his hand in front of my face. 

"Who is Jessica?" I asked completely confused 

*Rynn's POV*

After the doctor talked with Jessica I decided to go in there and talk with her before I have to leave. 

"Jessica?" I questioned with a smile on my face as I inched into the room

"Why is everyone calling me Jessica!" "I am Elizabeth!" She screamed; throwing a chair across the room. 

I hugged her whilst I cooed her. "Everything will be alright." She struggled under my embrace mumbling. 

"Hey mama" She finally said after a while.