Chapter 43

guys i'm really sorry for not updating.... i have no excuse. i am back and trying to update at least once a day. i read all of your positive message and it made me want to continue posting.... here we go.

-----------------------------------------------------

*NARRATOR'S POV*

Louis' head felt so heavy that he couldn't keep it up with just his strength, of which the levels are dwindling. He moans from the stinging pulses at the base of his nape, keeping his eyelids sealed as the skin against his eyeball turned from black to fuzzy grey to orange.

Where was he again?

He jolted awake when he remembered, his eyes flying open and his body jerking to the side where it nearly tipped over from the reflex. Thankfully his gravity was restored after the chair's legs merely lifted off the ground on the other side, settling back down with a squeak.

The right side of his face hurt tremendously and his cheek on that side was singing with pain each time the wind blew. Moisture and crustiness contributed to the conclusion that he was bleeding there.

His mind is able to register as it shrinks back into its shell of inner security that he's in the same room as before, except now he's certain of two things. First, the racing of his pulse alerts him blatantly that he's been lied to by Dexter. Second, the two chairs on his right have people in them. Familiar people.

"Oh God- Liam?!" He whispers in urgency across the three feet between the next chair and him.

Although his vision is slightly impaired as are all his senses, that side profile is undeniably who he suspects it is. His arms are taped down and his stomach can't expand sufficiently to breathe but the hope presented by another known face is remarkable.

The biggest relief came when the man actually responded. He turned his head and blinked slowly, Liam's physical condition no better than Louis'. The former sat up as much as he could in his seat after seeing Louis there with them after they've been holed up in here.

"Louis?" Liam squinted through the poor visible standards. "Is that- What the fuck are you doing here?"

Louis spoke in a croak, coughing through the words that got too dry. "I-I don't know. I just- Dexter! Where is he?"

"Calm down, Lou." Liam tried to settle the boy down when he started to squirm dangerously.

There was another sound that made Louis' hairs stand on edge and his fingers scrape the wood of the chair, but Liam in his creased and stained attire didn't panic. Zayn woke up after his unconscious bout, having lost count of how many of those there have been.

"Are we- Where the Hell are we?" Zayn couldn't be seen by Louis but he sounded busted.

"Same place, Z." Liam replies, sighing as his head hung low. "Fuck!"

"Whe-Where is that?" Louis asks shakily.

Louis needs to know where this is and how they got here. Why are Liam and Zayn here? Of all the people Dexter might know, why them? Where are Edward and Harry? Do they know that Louis' missing? The boy begins to feel thick misery creeping down his spiral of self-hatred.

Zayn has been under these restrictions with chafing skin and malnutrition for seven days now. The shock has worn off and now he's fucking pissed at the man who put him here, cursing the ground that psychopath walked on.

"Middleston, baby." He answered Louis' question without looking his way, all their chairs directed at the black cloud that was kept at bay because of a single lightbulb.