shouldve gone home

"You okay?"

Courtney nodded while coughing, "It's just a cold."

Her boss sighed, "Go home. You haven't missed a day since you've been working here, you're overdoing yourself Courtney."

She shook her head and coughed harder, "Im fine."

Her boss furrowed her eyebrows, "It isn't a question. You're sick, I can't afford my clients getting ill since you're the only person they seem to want. Courtney Marie Fitzgerald, the eighteen year old television star turned into a lawyer." She spoke with a sarcastic happy tone.

Courtney took a sip from her water bottle, "Im not even a lawyer yet. If you're gonna be a bitch, at least be a educated one. After all, you're the one who hired me."

She stood up and grabbed her purse, "Ill be at home if you need me."

She walked out, ignoring the awes on people's faces as she just told her boss off.

She got into her car and leaned her head back, feeling unable to breathe.

And it wasn't because she was sick.

Why was she hung up over something, that wasn't even relevant anymore?

Stop throwing a pity party, it's pathetic.

She put the key in the ignition and drove to the nearest pharmacy, since Scott was constantly working outside, it was common for him to get sick.

Which lead to Courtney getting sick.

She walked in, looking around at how empty the place was.

She noticed the man working behind the counter, but decided not to say anything.

She rushed herself to the personal care aisle and eyed the racks.

"Can I help you?"

She turned around and saw a face she knew too well, and a face she hated.

"No thank you." She turned around and continued looking through the medicines.

"Courtney? It's been forever!"

She rolled her eyes, not turning to him.

"I know, Justin. I'm kind of busy right now, do you mind?"

Justin smiled, "Sure thing. I'll be at checkout 2 if you need me."

She sighed as he walked away, feeling sort of bad.

She shook off the thought and picked up a bottle of advil and some tylenol.

As she was walking, she decided she should read the box to make sure she wouldn't shit blood if she took it.

She accidentally bumped into someone when she wasn't looking.

"Oh my god i'm so sor-"

She looked up at the man, and instantly felt her heart stop.

The man smirked,

"Princess?"