leave the light on

She wiped the sweat off her brow, and continued going through the closet.

She had two boxes already filled with his things, she didn't know how a guy who wore the same thing everyday could have so many clothes.

She spent the whole morning cleaning out the apartment, from dusting the countertops, to cleaning all the windows.

No one knew what happened, she hadnt spoken to Bridgette or Heather in what seemed like weeks. They called, and called, but she couldn't bring herself to answer.

She needed to be alone, ironic really.

All this time she thought she needed someone, but when she had someone all she wanted was to be alone.

His little black wallet still sat on the dresser, she was still waiting on the phone call, or even a text.

She sighed and looked around the dull room, there was spanish music playing throughout the apartment so it would lighten up the mood.

She smiled to herself after she realized she was done.

The room looked so, empty.

He had already taken most of his things, but his clothes and guns for some reason still remained in the closet.

She walked into the living room while holding one of the boxes, swaying her hips to the beat that played through the room.

"Nice moves princess."

She let out a shriek and dropped the box when she saw the black haired delinquent on her couch.

"Asshole! You made me drop all my things." She let out a groan and bent down to put Scott's dirty clothes back in the box.

He smirked and walked over to her, "Sorry babe. I thought there was a party when I heard the music from the hallway so I just invited myself in."

She looked up at him, raising an eyebrow. Completely forgetting she had a black eye and a busted lip.

His smirk faded once he saw her face, his cocky grin turned into a cold, yet concerned one.

She gave him a confused look for a moment, forgetting the bruises on her face.

Then it hit her.

She quickly looked down, continuing putting the clothes away. "Your wallet's in the bedroom on the dresser." She stood up and began to walk to the counter to put the box down.

Duncan just watched as the latina pretended as if nothing was wrong.

It didn't surprise him, Courtney hardly showed when something hurt her. She was strong, he knew some bruises wouldn't hurt her.

Then again, he also thought breaking her heart wouldn't be that bad either.

After all, she is Courtney.

One of the most bad asses he had ever met, she didn't take shit from anyone.

If she didn't like you, she'd make that very clear.

You couldn't tell her that she was wrong without expecting a fight.

She was Courtney.

Deep down though, he knew that the once strong, stubborn, fiery girl he once was knew was gone.

She was broken down and weak.

People that meant the world to her had betrayed her, the one person she truly loved broke her heart into a million pieces.