lose that big ego

"Welcome to Mizanin's July issue dinner party, your table number for tonight is 26, please enjoy the night" I smile at the couple Infront of me with a big smile. They thank me and left for their table.

I let out a sigh of relief, I was rudely told by the CEO to welcome guest at the reception.

I can remember the pathetic look on his face.

*flashback*

I arrive at the front of one of the most popular venues in New York City. I gave the driver the money and I step out of the yellow taxi. I straighten my tailored two piece white dress. And I start walking to the doors.

I make my way down the hallways of the building and eventually I found the double doors that leads into the actual party.

The room is beautifully planned and designed, it looks amazing. It gives me chills. The room gives a warm vibe and everything is rose gold decorated.

The room is huge and so so so beautiful. I don't think I can describe it any other way.

"Welcome to Mizan- oh" my fellow co worker, Tye lost the plastered smile on his face when he sees me.

"That's a bit rude sir" I say in a tone.

"I thought that you were a guess," he laughs and put is arm out.

I wrap my arm around his as we walk towards the front stage where Renee and Ember is.

"You're a bit late," he whispers to me.

"The show starts in half an hour," I tell him with a look, "besides no one is even here"

"You've never been to one of these before. The guest are usually late, BUT some may come early, unexpectedly," he adds while he looks down for a second.

"What? Have you experienced it?" I ask him.

He nods, "yep" he spoke, " last year's dinner party for the November issue.. A woman and her fellow friends had arrived for six minutes early and they caught me dancing to single ladies."

I couldn't hold back my laughter, "really?!"

"Stop it" he half smiles, half frowns, "it was really embarrassing."

"So what happened after that?"

"Oh I quickly stopped, they were clearly disgusted but they just walked away towards their table." He explains.

"Are they still attending the parties?"

"Yep, but the woman only comes with her husband now."

I giggle as we stop in front of ember and Renee.

"Hey guys" I greet them and They say the same back.

"I love your dress tonight," ember compliments me.

"Thank you so much," I thank her with a warm smile. "So this is what it feels like ?"

"Yup, how ever fancy it's suppose to feel like," Renee shrugs as we look around the venue as I am the only one with sparkle eyes.

"So what do I have to do tonight?" I ask the three professionals Infront of me.

"Well, ember, Tye and I are actually hosting the dinner party tonight, I dont think Dean assigned you to do it because you are new," Renee shows a slightly worried face.

"Oh no it's fine, I would not have liked it anyways. I'm not much of a speaker," I tell her. "So what happens at these parties besides wining and dining?"