t w o

Hi Olly---

Not once did Oliver Bear Segel think he'd end up back at his parents' house with tears running down his face, body shaking with anger and pain

Not once did Oliver Bear Segel think he'd end up back at his parents' house with tears running down his face, body shaking with anger and pain. He battles with him between opening pressing the bell and walking away so he could find a hole to crawl into and die. The sun had set, the sky dark with stars twinkling, the street lights were on and so were the lights in some of the houses in the street.

Before he could walk away, the door was pulled open, bright light pouring from within the house and coming up to block the ray of the light was his step-dad, Liam. Without missing a beat, Olly runs into the man's arms, burying his face into his chest.

"Dad..." Olly cries, his fingers gripping Liam's shirt.

Liam immediately wraps his arms around his slightly damp son, worry pooling within him. "Shh, it's okay, son." He coos, stroking Olly's hair. "Daddy's here, whatever it is,, it's going to get better."

"Liam, who is it?"

Olly pulls back at the sound of his mother's voice and managed to wipe his eyes before she rounded the corner and made her way to the door. Liam stares at his son, took in his red rimmed eyes, his red nose and cheeks and his shivering body, he watched the way Olly quickly wiped his face with the back of his hand, his hand bar of a ring and anger starts bubbling within him.

"Oh my god! Olly bean! My Olly bean." Martha Segel cries as she runs towards her son, she pushes Liam aside and pulls Olly into a bone crushing hug , pressing tiny kisses into his hair. Olly buried his face into his mum's neck, breathing in her chanel no. 5 scent and feels a lot better wrapped in her hug.

"Okay, okay, let's get this hug fest into the house. I think our neighbours would soon start poking their heads out to snoop." Liam tells the mother and son. Reluctantly, Martha let go and leads her son into the house by hand.

Liam instantly busies himself making tea for his son while Martha sits Olly down at the kitchen table, taking a seat beside him. Olly stares at his hands, his gaze on the finger where his engagement ring used to be. He rubs the finger and bit his lip as he silently thinks, where do I go from here?
Olly thanks his father when a cup of hot tea was placed in front of him, without looking up. How does he tell his parents the person he abandoned them for left him because he was tired of him and his stretch marks? How does he tell his parents his ex-fiancée decided he wasn't enough and was now involved in a polygamous relationship with none other than Elle, the girl Olly had called his best friend for fourteen years?

"Your ring is gone, Olly bear."

Olly opens his mouth, he wants to turn to his mother and say not now, I can't talk about it now but how does he face her? She had once told him Joseph was bad news and he didn't heed her warning. Instead of replying, he takes a sip of his tea and lets out a sigh. Martha stares at Liam, silently having a conversation above Olly's head. She places her hand on Olly's and stroked it.