I Let Her Lie

From The View Of: Christpher Drew

I sighed when I woke up and I began to stretch. It was going to be a long day full of nothing.

At least my birthday had been a few days ago. I was now seventeen but my parents acted like I was eighteen, not that I had a problem with that.

I showered and got dressed before heading out the door and into the front yard. There was a party going on at the neighbours house and I couldn't help but chuckle. Family get togethers never turned out.

I smoked a quick ciggarette before grabbing my shoes and guitar and heading out to the lake.

I really needed a jam session.

From The View Of:Josie Vazquez

My mom handed me a package about the size of a book. I unwrapped the package to reveal a scrapbook. It was all me and my brother. My mother left the room so that I could be alone. This was too much to handle. I missed him so much. I grabbed my purse and the scrapbook and headed out to the lake.

My mom had carefully planned the day but I wasn't going to be there. I just needed to get away. As I began to run towards the lake, I turn back to see my mother standing on the lawn staring at me. I wanted to apologize to her but I really just needed to be alone. I desperatly needed some "me" time.

My brother had been like my best friend. I almost had a social life when he was around and now he was gone and I was invisable. I needed to get to the lake. I needed to get to sanity. I wondered if sanity even still existed. The lake was in view now and I was so greatful. I started nibbling my finger nails as I approached the lake. It was a very bad habit that I really had to break.

My brother and I had worked out a system. Dancing was a replacement to biting my nails. My dancing wasn't public knowledge but my brother had seen it and he had encouraged me to keep dancing. I began to dance towards the lake but when I arrived, somebody else was already there.