◑dix◐

'...i want to hate you half as much as i hate myself...'

Before he could get a grip on himself, Taehyung was already in front of him, slight smirk adorning his features

"Um... hi?", Jimin hated how his voice cracked slightly at the end.

"Hello."

Silence.

"Um, what--", Jimin started, but the other boy cut him off.

"Listen, about the note. It was me. If that's what you're asking." His bored voice almost made Jimin wince out loud. He knew when he wasn't liked and he just wanted to leave and not look back.

He was very confused though.

"Okay, but--I mean, why--" he stuttered, eyes glued to the ground.

Taehyung let out an exasperated sigh. "Look, this has been going on for far too long so I might as well just say it."

Jimin looked at him questioningly, his fingers fumbling with the hem of his shirt.

'Is this about Jungkook? Is he going to explain what happened last time? Was Jungkook really being held back by something? Did he mean to actually come meet me? Did he--'

"It was a dare."

Silence.

"What?", Jimin's voice faltered, his hands freezing on his shirt.

"It was a dare. All of it. The kiss, the note, the fucking," Taehyung didn't miss the way Jimin flinched as if he had been hit, "Yuta dared him. Thought it would be fun to see him pull some shy boy's strings. But then you kinda took it really badly and I thought you at least deserved to know, you know?"

"I--I--", Jimin's mouth was opening and closing, no sound coming out.

"It's probably hard, I guess. I mean, to know you don't mean anything to the person who took your virginity... Right?" Taehyung said, his hands in his pockets as he popped a bubblegum bubble, the sound all bit snapping Jimin from his daze.

"Um... I'll just--", He blindly reached down, gripped the handle of his bag and turned around. His hands were shaking and he really didn't want to cry in front of Jungkook's best friend.

'I should get a fucking grip. I should look him in the eye and tell him it didn't mean a thing. I should tell him I don't care. I should--'

Jimin bolted.

He ran and ran and ran, the cold air hitting his face, making his eyes sting, his heart thrumming in his head, the heavy thumpthumpthump in sync with the tears, falling from his eyes.    

H

e stopped just before the turn, leading to his street.

'--a dare. All of it--"
'--it would be fun to see him pull some shy boy's strings--'
'--don't mean anything for the person--'

He wiped face his until his sleeves were soaked and he was certain he could go without crying for 5 minutes - the last thing he wanted right now was for his parents to see him sobbing like a baby.

After a quick "Hi, mom, what's up, dad?" Jimin hurriedly got to his room, slamming the door shut.

He checked his phone - it was blowing up with messages from Hobi and the others.

Turns out Hwanhee's sister had seen him running, "looking like he had been crying a fucking lot" and, being the angel she was, she immediately told her brother, who told Taeil, who told Wei, who told Jin and shit Yoongi's calling him now.

Jimin bit his lip, hesitantly staring at his phone.

"I can't deal with this now.", He sighed out loud, declining the call and tossing his phone on the bed.

'Guess I'll pull that 'Boys Over Flowers' marathon after all.'

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

this is shit ooopsies
also two updates in one month damn im on fire