Chapter 4

'Okay I'm doing it' I said to myself

I wait until everybody is asleep, I won't risk anyone walk in.
Mom and dad are still up, probably booking our vacation, why can't they do it tomorrow, it's almost 01:00 AM.

I grab my phone and open instagram, it's been 15 minutes and they're still downstairs.
What is taking so long.
Then I hear someone walking up the stairs I quickly put my phone and the envelope away and pretended to be asleep, mom always checked on me and so she did now.

When she's gone I go sit, I better wait a few minutes to make sure they aren't coming back to my room.

After 15 minutes it was quiet, I grab the envelope and open it.

Dear Alicia,

We are so sorry, but it was the best thing we could do.
We don't want you to get involved in this, everything what's going on, it's safer there then here.
Maybe one day you could forgive us.

Your brothers miss you they talk everyday about you, they wanna see you again and especially Joel.
We miss you too, there's not one day going by that we're not thinking about you and it hurts us that you can't be with us.

There is a necklace inside the envelope, it's a family item and now it's yours, I wish I could give it to you in person.
If you don't want to wear it you don't have to, it's your choice.
Maybe you just throw it away and also this letter but at least you read it.

You need a good life and we can't give you that.
You need to be happy, live a normal life, we hope you have it with them.

We are really sorry and we understand if you don't wanna see us after what we did, but we will always love you.
If you want to see us then we will explain everything and why we gave you away.

Te queremos mucho.

Love mom, dad, Emanuel, Joel, Israel and Gabriel Pimentel.

I read it a few more times, then I look inside the envelope and grab the necklace.
It's so beautiful.
It's a silver necklace with a key and it has a red rose on it.

I put in around my neck, it's so pretty

When I look at the envelope I see the letter is from 3 years ago.
Why did mom and dad put it away, I mean if they didn't want me to read it then why didn't they just throw it away?
Guess I'll never now.

'At least I now the names of my brothers, maybe I can find them' I said to myself

What do they mean with "we don't want you to get involved in this" should mom and dad know it?

I'm not thinking about it to long.
I put the letter back into the envelope and walk to the window to take a seat.
How am I supposed to tell mom and dad I know, how would they react and what if I'll tell them I want to see them, or what if...
My head is full of questions.

'Maybe I just have to wait for a few days, I hope Jackson doesn't say anything' I said to myself