chapter 12

Standing here, with all those people, who are my family.

What do I do? What do I say? Do I just go with it?

What will my parents say when I tell them, IF I tell them.

I don't know what to do or what to think.

Everyone hugged me and kissed me, they are so happy.

'we missed you so much' the man says

'sit down' one of the boys says

'you are wearing the necklace, you read the letters' says the women

'i did... but... Joel said you were looking for me, you looked everywhere and you didn't find me, then how did the letters reach us if you didn't know where I was, and why were you looking for me? You gave me up' I say

The moment I said that everyone was silent, no one was looking at me.

Why don't they answer? It's probably too rude, they see me after so many years and I ask them this.

Then a door opens, Alison is walking in with food in her hands and mouth.

'Alison!' I scream and run up to her

'hey Alicia! How are you? Those people are so nice, look at all the food they gave me'

She shows me the food with a big smile.

So all the time she was here, while we all thought something happened to her and she is eating.

'so that boy.. Why did you go with him and his friends?'

'oh yeah, well... here he is, this is Emanuel' she says with a big smile

'oh... uhm okay, Ali did they tell you something about me?' I ask

'no why?'

'oh nothing' I say and walk back to the couch and sit down

I'm in shock, the picture she showed me was so different, how could that guy be this one, he looks so nice.

But if she wanted to go with him then why did she call me up saying she didn't know where she was, or did something really happen to her?

I wanna ask them about it but maybe it's not the right moment.

'you want some?' Alison asks

I didn't even notice her sitting next to me

'sure... 'I say not sure what it is

'it's delicious, you are going to love it, it's like sweet bread'

'it is, this is good' I say

*back at Jackson*

Where is she, it's already 12AM, I knew this was gonna end bad, this is all my fault I should have said no to her, I'm supposed to protect her, she's my little sister.

I walk through the apartment waiting for Alicia to call or text me, our parents saw me coming back, but they didn't pay much attention, they were going to Alison's parents.

First Alison and now Alicia.

There is a knock on the door, I stand frozen, walking to my bed they are still knocking, I pretend to be asleep, after 5minutes they go away.

I text Alicia but she doesn't answer.

After 30 minutes I get a text from her saying she is heading back, I walk back outside to wait for her

When I see the car, I stand up, four people are getting out, it's too dark to see who those other three people are.

'why didn't you text me or call' I say

'sorry, we were talking and eating' Alicia says laughing

'Alison? What... how...'

'yes it's me' Alison says laughing

'I tell you when we are in your room okay' she says

They both turn around and hug Joel and the other guy, Alison gives him a kiss, guess that is that boy she likes.

Alicia is hugging Joel tight, then she gives the other guy a hug, they both give her a kiss on the cheek, say goodbye to us and go away.

Both of them are laughing and they don't seem like it was too bad, but still I don't trust this all, Alicia doesn't know them and she acts like she does, something is up.