Teen Angst?

Broken.

That is the only word that could be used to describe the condition of Bubba's heart. The rest of the week was hell for Bubba. He couldn't wait for the weekend so that he could curl up in his bed and forget all about the horrific week he just had to endure. It had taken everything in him not to cry every time he saw Ash and Marshall together in the halls. He just couldn't understand what Marshall saw in her. Countless times Bubba had seen Ash be particularly nasty to her fellow students. There was no way that Marshall didn't know that Ash wasn't all that nice.

So, then what was it that caused Marshall to gladly replace his boyfriend for this evil witch?

Just as the thought surfaced the final bell rang, signaling the end of the school day and the start of the weekend. Bubba slowly rose out of his seat and leisurely made his way through the hallways towards his locker. At his locker stood Cake, Monochrome, Flame and Fionna. When he reached them, Fionna was quick to wrap her arms around him and pull him into a warm, comforting hug.

"How're you doing?" she asked, pulling away from him to inspect his face.

"Been better," began Bubba with a weak smile, "I just can't wait to get home."

Just as he finished his sentence a loud, raucous laughter could be heard from the end of the hallway.

There stood Marshall Lee with a particular silver haired girl by his side. She was laughing loudly at something Marshall had just said. As the pair walked passed the group of friends Marshall nodded at Flame and Monochrome, not sparing a glance in Bubba's direction.

As for Ash, she looked right at Bubba before pulling Marshall's arm around her shoulders. When Marshall pulled her close and placed a Chaste kiss on her temple she was sure to look back at Bubba, a victorious smirk gracing her face.

"Ugh, that bitch. I just want to stomp on her." Mumbled Fionna, gritting her teeth.

"I just don't understand," began Bubba, trying not to let his voice crack, "what did I ever do to make her hate me so much?"

"Absolutely nothing." Said Fionna, wrapping her arms around Bubba and placing her head on his shoulder "Girls like that are mean just for the sake of mean. She'll leave you alone once you show her antics will no longer affect you."

"Well that's not going to be an easy feat," said Bubba, "because that's not at all the truth."

"Well as are mama used to say," Cake begins motioning towards herself and Fionna, "'Fake it till you make it' and what better way to fake it then by getting totally smashed at a high school party?"

"I don't think I'm up for it sorry guys." Said Bubba shaking his head.

"C'mon," began Flame ruffling Bubba's hair, "I may still be friends with Marshall but even I can see how much of a dick he's being. What better way to show him what he's missing, eh?"

With a sigh Bubba nodded, "I guess I'll go."

+ + + + +

On the way to Fionna and Cake's house to get ready for the party they quickly stopped by Bubba's house. While Bubba talked to Peps about sleeping over at the "tree house" Fiona and Cake head up to Bubba's room to pick out a party worthy outfit.

Now you may be wondering why the hell Fionna and Cake's house was called the tree house.

It was no secret that the girl's parents were crazy rich. Their parents were almost always away on business trips so they usually had the house to themselves. The house was quite narrow and tall with a total of six floors including the basement. But the unusual thing about their house was not the height or width. The truly special thing about their house was that growing in the middle of their house was a tree.