Chapter 2 Mark of Sin

Tabby's was the nickname for the nightclub owned by Tabitha Martin, the most powerful witch in Linwood. All creatures eighteen and over were welcome, humans were not, and those that did manage to wander in ended up either drugged by Faerie drinks or fed on by Vampires.

"I knew this would happen." Holly stuck sparkling gems around her face. "I foreshadowed it. This isn't a club Holly. Well it will be in a minute."

"Maybe." I slipped a rose gold band over my head. I had gone for a bohemian look with a feather in my hair, a white lace jumpsuit and brown roman style sandals.

"I'm so keen." Holly sparkled all over with Faerie dust. Her dark hair glittered with gold, pink and green.

I unfurled my wings and adjusted a rose gold ring on my finger before heading out.

The boys had gone for a simple, casual look. Axel was wearing leather straps on his wrists that wore the mark of the pack he had left behind and Seth was wearing a shirt that had a unicorn on it with Angel wings and a Mermaid tail proclaiming: I couldn't get any more magical if I tried.

"Let's hit it." Holly clapped her hands and Faerie dust blew into the air.

I wrinkled my nose a little, I didn't think I'd ever get used to the dizzying, exciting affects of such dust.

I climbed into the driver's seat of my silver Camry and Holly sat down in the passenger seat, the boys in the back.

I pulled out of our driveway and onto the street. I drove down the main street and pulled off down a small road only visible to all creatures other than human. Along the street there were large market stalls and restaurants and of course, nightclubs.

I pulled in a couple cars down from Tabby's and we all filed out, joining the flocks of people heading the same way.

The Werewolf bouncer barley glanced at us as we slipped inside.

Smoke swept over the dance floor and a ceiling swirling with stars threw bright patterns all over the dancers below. The scent of magic was everywhere, in the glitter that fell from the ceiling; the luminescent cocktails on platters carried by Faerie's wearing dresses or suits made of butterfly wings or rose petals.

"Four green please." Seth slapped four twenties on the counter.

"Of course." The bartender, a Warlock with translucent skin and tattoos spiraling up under his rolled sleeves and poking out from under the collar of his shirt eyed Holly with upmost interest.
She smiled and her thin small wings popped out from her back.

I rarely ever saw them. Holly felt hers were shameful against my broad thick plumed wings.

I thought hers were pretty.

The bartender sat four fluro green drinks on the bench and as I reached to take mine, I noticed a slip of paper with his number underneath Holly's beside me. She made it look easy.

I downed my drink and welcomed the burning sensation that slipped down my throat and left my body all warm and electrified.

"Dance with me." Holly took my hand and lured me into the mass of dancing bodies.

Lights blazed against my eyes and dust fell over me, making my arms and legs feel fluid. I twirled Holly under my arm and she tipped her head back, her eyes flashing a brilliant green. My wings brushed against the fronts of Vampires and my feet danced alongside goat's feet. I didn't think and I didn't care. I lost myself in the music and the heat of bodies.

Pain throbbed behind my eyes and every time I breathed it felt like glass brushing against my throat. I slowly peeled my eyes open and groaned. My Angelic blood found magical drinks very hard to take.