Chapter 4 The Sahirah

Sera

By the time I was practically thrown out of the boot of car it was daylight. I was hoisted up in my net and dropped on a cold wooden floor. The people that had ensnared me struggled to get the net over my wings; my hair got knotted up in the process. I pushed it out of my eyes to look at whom the person these people were working for.

"Oh my God."

"Blasphemy. Angels are not what they used to be." Gavreel replied. He sat before a desk with his large white wings forming the shape of a heart behind his back.

I looked behind me to see the bartender from Tabby's standing before the door. He had a wicked grin on his face.

I had no words. What could you say to the charming guy you met at an art exhibition, that just so happened to be heading a cult that wants you dead? Along with some bartender that had a one night stand with your best friend.

"You look confused."

"Thank you." Confused channeled into anger. "Mr. Captain Obvious. Why the heck did you just do that? Who kidnaps someone these days?"

"Quite a few people actually." He seemed totally calm.

"Why would you do this to me?"

He sighed as if I had asked the wrong question. "First the Seelie Queen gets a tip off. Then we promise the Alpha of Linwood his son in return to show a blind eye to our future actions and a way to cure Witch's son of his disease. Leaving no one to stop us from taking you."

"How can you think of yourself as pure, when I know you are going to try and kill me?"

Gavreel stood from his seat. The cross around his neck glinted under the lights as he walked to me. "It's nothing personal, its just business." He tilted my chin so I would look into his eyes.

"The irony." I whispered. "Named after the Angel of Peace, and walks the line of the Devil."

For a moment his eyes blazed. "Lock her up."

The bartender grabbed my arms and pulled me to my feet. He tugged me out of the room. He smelt like burnt toast, dark magic. He took me down a couple of hallways before entering a large room with boards blocking sunlight from the tall floor to ceiling windows. In the room there were an assortment of cages and tanks housing up to about fifty half-breeds.

"Look up." The Warlock pointed upwards and I looked.

The ceiling was full of birdcages; some had a black sheet over them.

He created a portal with ease and pushed me through it. I fell into one of the cages and it swung violently. I looked through the bars as he laughed on his way out of the room.

"What's your other half?"

I turned to a girl in a cage a couple of metres away from mine.

"I'm half Tree Nymph." I could see the tell tail signs in her green eyes and olive skin.

"Mermaid." I answered.

"Do you see the twins down there?"

I peered out of my cage.

"In the tank."

In the middle of the room was a box like tank that was lit from within. I could make out two people chained to the base of the tank within.

"They say that they're the heir to the Deep Sea Throne."

"Who are they?" I turned to her.