Epilogue

Gavreel

Gravel crunched underfoot and the heat of the unbearable sun bore down against my exposed skin. I stopped before the smoldering heap of scorched wood that made me wrinkle my nose in disgust. I loathed the smell of hellfire and death. I coughed, not due to the smell working its way down my throat but to make my presence known.

A body stirred from under the horrendous mess.

I waited with my hands behind my back. I was going to go for the passive aggressive approach.

A man awkwardly rose to his feet; massive holes had burnt through his clothing, leaving large welts on his pale skin. His eyes were burning with golden fire. Eyes I had seen before.

"Seth Verbeck." I addressed him.

"Do I know you?" He lifted his nose to me.

"Not yet. I'm leading an organisation that seeks to rid this world of those that have outstayed their welcome. I wanted to know whether you knew someone who has outstayed their welcome?" I kept my tone casual; I didn't want to scare him off.

"My name is Ronan." He wiped at the blood that had dried about his nose and began stumbling toward me.

So he had adopted a new name. Interesting.

I waited until we were standing face-to-face, toe-to-toe.

"Can I kill?" A manic grin tugged at his lips.

Ronan was officially a mad man. A mad man I could use.

"Be my guest." With the shake of a hand and a puff of smoke a deal was struck.