Standing

Thorne's Perspective

Cress has been in the Med-center for over a week now. She constantly wants to leave and run around and be her normal energetic self. But for now she is stuck in a hospital bed. She has been able to sit up, today she wants to stand. I decided to stay and help her out, everyone else was busy doing whatever. Scarlet was flying the Rampion, Cinder was upgrading Iko again, and Wolf is training like always.

She sat up and held out her hand for me. I took her hand, "Are you sure you want to stand?" She nodded, "The only way to get better is to face the challenge." "Alright." I gently pulled her arm and helped her stand, she was shaky. I wrapped an arm around her waist, "Careful." She nodded and stood once again. I pulled away and she was good for a few seconds. Then she started to fall. I wrapped both my arms around her and pulled her close. I realised how close she was, the last time we were this close was at the palace. I lean in, and kissed her. I feel her kiss back and pull in closer. I break apart and say, "I've been wanting to do that since the palace," she smiles and says, "So have I." We return to the kiss, but we are forced apart by a knock on the door.

Cinder's P.O.V.

(Bet you didn't see that coming)

I have just finished upgrading Iko and am bored. I wish Kai was here. But he's not. He's back on Earth talking about how to handle the Lunar Queen and her followers.

I decide to check the video cameras, there's got to something interesting on. I walk to my room and pull up the footage. I flick through, Wolf was tearing another punching bag to shreds, Iko was looking at pictures of Kai, and Scarlet was flying Rampion. I wonder where Thorne and Cress are. Cress is still in the Med-center.

For the past week and a half Thorne has regulated from the Med-center to the kitchen, but would only leave when Cress was asleep. They would be a perfect couple. I flick to the kitchen, Thorne isn't there. I flick to the Med-center, and see Thorne and Cress kissing, Iko owes me some money.

I did some editing on this chapter, deleted a part I really didn't like.