Thirteen

Two weeks have cruised by after the disappearance of the airplane. Tobias's symptoms have become fatal. He hurls overboard the portions of food and water that I provide. His throat smolders with redness, and his head ignites with fevers, but he trembles with chills. I nurse him with the knowledge I contain, but I am unprofessional.

My fiery crackles inside me, urging me to practice my schedule.

Rise at dawn.

Fish.

Stress over Tobias.

Sleep.

I observe common views daily.

The blank, dull sea.

The seagulls casting overhead.

The hopelessness engulfing my soul.

Those sights make my heart cringe, and eyes dazzle with tears, but produce a strength I demand.

-------------------------------------

I wake with a fright. The waves attack us, and the raft smashes against a massive boulder. I glance at the boulder, but discover a spiked coral reef. The depth of sea declines, and we collide with various reefs. The raft strikes into a solid object, and Tobias is propelled overboard. I shriek and plunge after him. My heart punches my insides. My thoughts scurry around my brain.

I hastily stroke towards Tobias's afloat body. His face examines the abandoned sky. I attempt to peck the ocean floor with my foot, and become successful. My feet plant themselves on the soothing sand, and stride towards Tobias. When I anchor myself next to Tobias, I pat his cheek.

                "Wake up." I whisper.

Tobias does not flinch, he remains stationary.

Tears branch down my face, and trickle into the blue ocean as I sweep my polar fingertips along his pulse on his neck. My heart shatters into ashes when I can't indicate his heart rate.

-------------Author's Note----------

Thank you all for reading! I know this chapter is short. I'll try my best to update soon, knowing I left you guys on a big cliffhanger.

*Tobias will not DIE, I hope.*

I would like my readers to PLEASE go read: One and A Million (Nash Grier). Written by my best friend @k_e_n_a

Please Vote and Comment!

-Dais.