Fourteen

I wail in dreadfulness. Tears glisten on my stained cheeks. My heart plunges into desolation, and my consciousness scatters with unreliable theories. My fingers tumble along his pulse, searching for a flutter of movement. I spank Tobias's face with my bare palms.

            "Ple-ease wake up," I shriek.

The breeze responds by flailing strands of my hair in opposite directions. I gag on a sob. Tobias stretches across my weak arms, his skull in the crook of my shoulder. He swims in unconsciousness.

             "Don't die," I whimper.

I slam my eyelids down, and wait for his breath to lurch along my neck.

             " Please," I mumble. Tears glide along my chin, and patter on to Tobias's bleached face. My heart cringes with frigidity.

I gradually commence to position Tobias underwater when a tender hand whisks across my jaw bone. The touch ignites sparks inside me, and I shudder with satisfaction. My eyes bolt open, and examine a worried expression. I squeal, and embrace his tense figure.

              "I t-thought you died," I choke out.

Tobias slants his head, and weakly smiles. His hazel eyes bore into mine. Embarrassment tickles my cheeks.

            "Where's the raft?" Tobias scantily asks, flashing with queasiness.

I glance behind me, and locate the deflated raft, it drifts ten feet away. 

I commence to stride towards the vacant raft, when Tobias weaves his fingers through mine, and gestures a free hand forward. I rotate, and gasp.

I observe a patch of bosky vegetation. An island.

-----------Author's Note------------

I will try my best to update soon! AGAIN, cliffhanger :)

I would like to give a shout out to my best friends Halla, Kiley, and of course... Makena.

USERNAMES: @H_a_l_l_a

@sarahkiley

@k_e_n_a

Love you all :)

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!

-Dais.