Fifteen

My heart ignites with confidence, and I scamper towards the vegetation. My legs crackle with numbness, and my lungs sear with a repulsive sensation as I dash for my destination. The distance declines, and I plunge onto the rough shore.

The particles slither along my limbs, and beneath my fingernails. I giggle, and launch clumps of sand into the air. I tumble along the beach, with a wide smile plastered on my face. I glimpse at Tobias, who is sprawled out on the coast. Guilt lurches inside of me. I forgot about his unstableness, and sprinted towards the island. Selfish of me.

I plop down near his limp figure, and mumble, "Sorry."

Tobias's eyes dilate, and he faintly speaks, " Don't be. I'm j-just tired."

I acknowledge his requirements, and announce, "I'll go get the raft."

I shuffle near the raft, which perches on the damp shore. I glance behind me, at the tropical rainforest. A shiver lurches along my spine. The jungle sways from the sea breeze, and a variety of wacky cautions radiate around the area. I scurry towards the raft, and elevate it above my skull. Tobias settles fifty meters away. He commences to desistance the gap betwixt us, as do I.

I come to a halt. A intense roar rumbles the island. I quiver in terror. Tobias calmly approaches me. Another bellow. Tobias is meters away.

My heart crashes into my chest.

Tobias extends his hand, our fingertips brush. I release a faltering  breath.

I embrace Tobias, my pulse decelerating. He squeezes me. I glance into his eyes. They swirl with dread.  His hazel glow has vanished in the abstract gray.

-------------------------------------

As the sun spills along the horizon, Tobias and I construct a petite hut. The materials consist of the raft, and a broad twig propping it up.

At dusk, we crawl beneath our shelter. Although I am tangled in Tobias's secure arms, my gut flutters with eerie theories. A precise concept thrashes inside me.

                We aren't alone.

-----------Author's Note------------

Sorry for not updating in awhile! Super busy! Thank you guys so much for 1k! I am so surprised :)

Please Vote and Comment!

Love you all ;)

-Dais.