Chapter 13

We suddenly stopped kissing as we heard the front door close. Dan and I had spent the whole day together in his bedroom. It had gone so quickly, I hadn't even noticed that I'd missed lunch. "Hey Dan, it's only me" called Mr Howell from the bottom of the stairs.

"Shit" he whispered "Hi Dad" he then called back.

"Where are you?" Dan hesitated for a moment and then shouted:

"I'm in the bathroom, I've just got out the shower, I'll be out in 5 minutes." We jumped out of bed, both only wearing our boxers. I grabbed my top and jeans, and Dan grabbed a dressing gown. We ran into the large upstairs bathroom and closed the door quietly behind us. I put on my clothes and looked out the window. "Should I jump? He wouldn't see me then." I asked.

"Phil, you've got to be fucking joking. You'd crack your head and die you idiot"

"I could grab a sheet and slide down?"

"Phil, I would rather get told off by my dad, than for you to be lying dead on the floor" we kissed and smiled. A month or so ago I would have been certain he'd rather me dead than be seen with me. "Phil. Look me in the eyes. I love you. I know it's taken me a long time to realise. But I love you and just like you wanted me to know, I want you to know that no matter what, I'm here, cause I love you." Just like when he'd said I was perfect earlier that day, I saw no flinch or giggle and believed him. He did. He loved me.

"I love you too, Dan. More than anything" we kissed again and walked out the bathroom. We passed Dan's Dad in the corridor and although he probably suspected something, as my top was on back-to-front and Dan was wearing a dressing gown, he didn't say anything.

The next day in tutor time, Dan came in on time. No headphones or chewing gum. To my amazement, he sat on my desk and kissed me, in front of everyone.

We walked from every lesson holding hands and kissing every now-and-then despite all the comments we got. I was still terrified of what George, Ben, Michael and their gang were going to do to us, but they hadn't done anything yet, so I tried to convince myself that they'd become bored with us.

That lunch, me and Dan went to the maths classroom. I was convinced they were going to turn me away as soon as they saw us, but to my surprise both Laura and Gemma came and apologised to us. "Sweetie I'm sorry for what I said before." Said Gemma smiling.

"It's fine, Gem, you didn't know!" Then Laura came up to me.

"I'm sorry for-" I cut her off.

"No, Laura, I'm sorry. I was a dick. I just got caught up in everything with Dan and was confused, and I wasn't expecting you to do that. Sorry." we hugged and I heard Gemma and Dan talking about me. I tried not to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help it.

"Gem, I'm sorry I used you. I needed Phil. I needed to know whether how I felt was genuine, and, well, it is. He's the one. I know I went about it the wrong way, and if I could redo everything I would but-"

"I get it, Dan. Phil's great. I overreacted. I shouldn't have set my brother on you, or ever gone out with you in the first place actually. I knew you had cheated on other girls that past week, I just needed to get away from my brother and the police and stuff." They hugged and came together to join us.

"Welcome to the tiny planet explorers, Dan." said PJ. Dan nodded in response. "This week we are working on Chris' channel, with help from the wonderful Becca." In through the door came Chris, with a blonde wig on, putting on a girls voice, he looked ridiculous in the most brilliant way.

The rest of that week was awful. But brilliant. Dan and I got bullied at every chance possible, but Dan would punch anyone who made a stupid comment and we'd get into these horrible fights with some people, but we knew that in the end, it would be worth it. School wasn't forever. We were together. We were happy. Even now, when I'm writing this. We're still a couple. Nearly 10 years on. We're still happy. Apart from the fact that I'm partially blind in my left eye from one of the fights that year. The bullies never affected how much we loved each other and I couldn't be happier.

The End.