4:15 pm

4:15 pm EST

location: leigh's family house 

leigh sat around the dining table as her mom put plate after plate in front of the open slots. she fiddled with her fingers, waiting for her mum to say something about the absence of her boyfriend but she said nothing, which made leigh worry. she didn't know what her mom expected to say about her just showing up out of the blue. 

leigh's mom, alice, smiled briefly at her daughter, already feeling her become worried. over what, she had no idea. they both looked up when they heard the door opened the close shut. leigh stood as she heard footsteps coming towards the room, looking at the doorway.

"well well well," her sister, jasmine, said, a smile gracing her features. "look at what we have here." with long blond hair and bright green eyes, leigh and jasmine looked nothing alike. leigh was a natural brunette and had the coolest of light grey eyes. where as jasmine preferred dressed, leigh preferred the usual ripped skinny jeans. 

but don't let that fool you, they couldn't act more alike then they do now. leigh grinned at the site of jasmine, a few tears making their way out of her eyes. quickly leigh strolled over and pulled jasmine into a hug, squeezing. jasmine laughed and squeezed back, stroking her younger sister's hair. 

"i miss you so much." leigh sobbed, tears spilling fast. jasmine murmured comforting words in her ears, hoping to calm her down. alice smiled at her daughters and walked over to join them in their hug. wrapping her arms around jasmine and leigh, alice pulled them towards her. they stood hugging for a while, listening to leigh's sniffling and jasmine's words of comfort. 

alice was the first to pull away, straightened out her shirt sleeve. jasmine held leigh loosely to her side, a sad smile on her face as she looked at her. 

"he's done it again, hasn't he?" jasmine asked, though she already knew the answer to it. one part of jasmine wanted leigh to shake her head no, say that he wasn't the reason she was crying again but the other half wanted her to say yes, so she had a reason to call him up and curse him out. 

leigh sighed and gave her a short nod, rubbing her already red eyes. jasmine's grip tightened as she fisted her hands. she may look like all girly and innocent but when it came to people she loved, she'd kill someone if they ever hurt them.

jasmine lead her sister to the living room, sitting her down on the couch. she took her hands and rubbed her knuckles. "what did he do now?" 

"we were supposed to go out a few days ago to my friend's get together when he called me to tell me he couldn't make it." leigh sighed, scratching the back of her neck. she looked up and blushed out of embarrassment. "i know it's a stupid reason to get upset over but-"

"it's not stupid leigh, i would have been pissed too." jasmine studied leigh, taking in her baggy red eyes and pale skin. "you know what, that's it." jasmine stood, taking leigh with her.

"what? what's it?" 

"you," jasmine pointed. "are taking a break from him."

leigh dug her heels into the floorboard making jasmine look at her. "what do you mean 'a break?'"

jasmine placed her hands on her hips. "what i mean is, look at you leigh. you've got bags under your eyes and you don't look like you got enough sun. you need a break to get your life back together."

"i have my life together jasmine." leigh narrowed her eyes. "i don't need a break."

"yes you do leigh. when was the last time you actually made plans that didn't involve louis?" 

leigh was about to answer when she closed her mouth, not really having a answer for that. jasmine watched her sister's face and shoulders drop in defeat. "i guess you're right..." leigh whispered, eyes wide.

jasmine nodded and held her hand out. leigh already knew what she wanted and handed over her phone. jasmine unlocked it, and scrolled through her contacts, falling upon louis's name. she created a message and handed the phone back. "tell him you're taking a break leigh, you need it."

with that jasmine turned on her heel, and left the room. leigh groaned softly, pulling at her hair. she sat back on the couch and decided to call louis instead of messaging. she pressed the phone to her ear, her thumb in her mouth. 

when it went to voice mail leigh sighed but decided to leave a message for him. "hey louis, it's leigh. i - um - just wanted to tell you that you - me - we, we need to take a break from each other. i just, i'm tired. i'm tired of you cancelling all the time on me and i'm tired of waking up alone. i don't want to breakup, that's the last thing on my mind, i just think we need some time away, ya know, to do our own thing. i love you baby, i'll see you when i see you. bye." 

leigh hung up and put the phone on the table, and stared at it. she willed it to ring, to tell her that louis got her message and he's calling to ask her why, but it never rang. it didn't make any noise. not even when leigh stood up and walked away from it. not even when leigh had dinner with her family. not even when leigh went up to her old room and crawled in bed, tears in her eyes.

not even then. 

holy shit what did i write

vote vote comment comment