10:06 pm

10:06 pm EST

location: living room

louis gripped his hair tightly in his fists, a scowled permanently set on his face. he pulled at it from different directions, his head starting to hurt from the pressure. he couldn't get it through his head that he let something as great as leigh slip through his fingers like that. 

he knew that he screwed up a whole bunch of times, but this must have broken everything she had with him. he wanted so badly to go over to wherever leigh was and promise her change, but he knew that it would never happen. louis knew that he missed his chance with leigh, possibly forever.

he let out a loud groan, tears slipping from his eyes, falling onto his jean-clad legs. he covered his eyes with his fists, a sob escaping from his mouth. he couldn't imagine life without leigh beside him, she was the one who kept him grounded, the one who balanced him out with her seriousness. she was his diary, the one who he vented to whenever he was vexed and vice-verse. 

he didn't want all that to end, didn't want her to leave him. he known he should've called as soon as he came home to an empty apartment, when he realized that all her clothes were gone. he should've called as soon as he stepped foot into their room, but he thought she needed space. 

boy, was he wrong.

louis let another sob pass through his lips as he stood up, tears falling freely now. he stalked his way into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of red wine from the cabinets, slamming it closed. he grabbed a glass and headed into the living room. he turned the television on, the news channel the first thing he heard.

he changed it to one of the music stations they had, one that planned sad heartbroken songs. he opened the bottle and poured himself a full glass, he drank it urgently, wanting to get drunk as fast as possible.

after five glasses, he was already giggling. he had finished two of the six bottles they had. louis lied his head on the arm rest, another giggle passing through him. he hiccuped before passing out, his heart officially broken.

the struggles of being in a relationship sigh