3:27 am

3:37 am EST

location: leigh's temporary room

leigh gripped her pillow close to her chest, willing the tears streaming down her face onto he collarbones to stop and let her rest. but ever since she hung up, it wouldn't stop. her eyes were blood-shot red and she had frown lines indented on her face. her face was blotchy and red, her tears streaks ruining her eyeliner. 

she squeezed her eyes again as another sob racked her body, causing her shake uncomfortably. her sister and friends had come to check up on her when it got a little bit too quiet, but leigh had locked the door and wouldn't open it, even when they begged and pleaded.

michael was about to rip his hair out from frustration. he didn't know why leigh was like this, he just wanted her to come out and tell him -- and them -- what was happening with her.

another sob escaped her mouth, her body shaking again. tears slipped down her face and onto her pillow, making a huge wet stain on it. that didn't bother her as must, she just kept on crying.

hearing this, michael groaned and walked back to her door, knocking softly on it. he heard another sob and winced, his eyebrows coming together. he knocked on the door and pressed his ear against the wooden barrier.

"leigh?" he called. "please, i know your in there. people are asking if you're okay." michael pleaded, his fist resting near his face, a frown on his face. 

"do you wanna build a snowman?" he lightly sang, a weak smile on his face. leigh let out a sound that was between a laugh and sob at the overused line. she rolled over and looked at the door, her whimpers coming to a short stop at the sound of him singing.

"i'm right out for you, just let me in." michael sang and pleaded one last time. he shuffled when he heard movement on the other side, a small smile lifting his mouth when the door opened up. his eyes widened at the sigh of her face, a breath leaving his mouth.

she shot him a weak smile and shuffled back towards the bed, leaving the door open. she crawled back under the covers, vaguely aware of hearing the door shut softly. leigh kept the covers up over her head, her back facing where she guessed michael was standing.

"leigh?" he called softly, taking a seat next to her body. his hand hovered hesitantly over where her head was, before lowering itself to press against her. he rubbed circles where her forehead should be, easing the growing headache that was forming. 

leigh let out a sigh and shifted closer to his warmth, her mind finally shutting down. michael raised his hand letting leigh shift closer until she was in a comfortable position, then restarting the massage. he hummed the tune to 'safe and sound' and rubbed her arms soothingly.

michael shifted until he was laying right beside her, his face inches from hers. he watched her eyes flutter a bit and her nose twitch, which he thought was cute. he watched her breathing become even and soft, little hairs floating around her face with each breath. 

michael trailed is fingers across her face, removing the extra hairs, tucking them behind her ear. leigh shifted closer to him, making michael wrap his arm around her waist and pulled her nearly onto his chest. leigh unconsciously nuzzled her face in his chest, making michael's heart skip a beat. 

he rubbed circles on her lower back, moving his mouth closer to her ear. he sung softly, feeling her finally relax against him.

"just close your eyes

the sun is going down

you'll be alright 

no one can hurt you now

come morning light

you and i'll be safe and sound"