Chapter 1: Him

May 1st. The beginning of mental health month. The beginning of something I didn't know would destroy me. The day I met her. She stood on my street, looking around her as if she was confused by her surroundings. I was walking home from a long day of trying to find a good therapist. Her face was pale but her cheeks were as red as a strawberry. Her hair was as black as charcoal and cascaded down her back to her hips. But her eyes...her eyes were hazel and honey. Sweet and innocent, but held this dark history behind them. I had to stop to take her in. There was so much I wanted to know about her. Some much I needed to know. I casually strolled up to her because she did look like she needed help but also because I wanted to know who she was.

I tapped her shoulder and she looked at me. She was small. A lot smaller than me.

"Yes....uh, hi. I'm Roman. You look very confused so I just thought I'd ask if you needed any help?" She stared at me. Those sweet eyes.

"Hi. I'm Nevada. Eh, no. I was just... nevermind. I'm fine, thanks." And then she walked away from me like her life depended on it. Maybe I scared her, I don't know but that name was going to be forever stuck in my mind. Nevada. Little did I know that Nevada was going to make a crash in my life. A very big crash.