She's Gone Crazy

Chapter 8 (P.S This chapter will make you kinda hate Riley)

Maya's POV

I couldn't do it anymore. I can't look at him without wanting to kiss him. My crush on Josh was like a fantasy. It's liking someone famous just because the thought of it makes you happy. Lucas makes me happy. But it feels so real. I was honestly surprised he kissed back. It felt like a dream that I didn't want to get out of.  Until a little stupid voice in my head reminded me about Riley. As Lucas grabbed my waist all I could think about was Riley. What a great best friend I am. I heard a familiar voice say our names. Then reality struck.

Riley's POV

Anger. Confusion. Sadness. All the emotions I felt staring at the scene before me. 

I decided to go look for Lucas after he said he needed some fresh air. He was gone for awhile so I went looking for him. When I found him, he's making out with my best friend. 

"Riley," Maya said looking guilty. I felt someone tug on my heart every time I looked between the two. 

"I'm sorry I can't do this," I laughed turning to look at the ocean. My hands were shaking and I felt a tear almost slip out of my eyes. 

"I'm really sorry Riley for what I'm about to do," Lucas said grabbing my hand to face him. I looked him in the eye and he looked nervous.

"We need to break up," he stated quickly. I heard Maya gasp from behind him as I did the same. She looked me in the eye and mouthed I'm sorry before looking at her feet. 

"I'll talk to you tomorrow when you're sober," I spat. 

"Then you'll be saying things that you won't regret," I laughed. He can't break up with me that easily. 

"But Riley I'm not that drunk," he claimed. I laughed and crossed my arms.

"Maya, you can have him for tonight," I sneered, "But you can't take him from me forever." I saw Maya open her mouth before shutting it again. 

"Riley," Lucas pleaded. 

"Happy Birthday Maya," I stated before turning around and letting the tears fall. I ran into the house and noticed everyone was clearing out. I sprinted into my room before changing. I climbed into bed and tucked myself to sleep. All I could think about going to sleep was those two. Maya doesn't get to get everything. She's talented, beautiful, passionate, and humble. She doesn't get to take my boyfriend from me. 

The Next Day

As I was reading a book outside on a beach chair I noticed Maya and Lucas approaching me. 

"Riley we need to talk," Lucas said sitting next to me while Maya sat in a chair in front of me. 

"Ok talk," I responded. 

Lucas grabbed my hands and I turned to face him. I looked into his hazel eyes and noticed his facial expression showed he was nervous. 

"I need to tell you something that I've been keeping to myself for awhile now," he said as I turned to see Maya looking at him like he was crazy. I nodded and he took a deep breath.

"I really like Maya," he stated quickly. I replayed that sentence over and over again in my head slowly processing what he was saying. He liked Maya. He looked deep into my eyes waiting for my reaction. 

I shook my head confused, "Why do you like Maya?" He turned to face her and stared at her thinking. 

"I like her laugh, her smile, the way she walks into the room like she owns the place, her badass attitude, every day with her is always different and exciting, how she easily teases everyone, her sense of humor, I know we argue a lot but a perfect relationship sounds boring to me, and how every little thing she does makes me feel like I'm on cloud 9." he laughed looking at her. She scrunched her eyebrows and then her lips slowly turned into a smile. 

"I'm surprised he could deal with me," she laughed trying to lighten the mood. His face quickly changed hearing her laughter. 

I slowly processed everything that was happening in front of me. My boyfriend and my best friend like each other. MY BOYFRIEND likes my best friend. But he said he likes me too during school.

"Riley?" Maya asked noticing I've been quiet for awhile now.

"You like Maya?" I cried looking at him, "You've got to be kidding me."

" I'm crazy and madly in love with you Lucas," I screamed, "She isn't." I saw Maya open her mouth to saw something but I cut her off. 

"You can't get rid of me that easily," I yelled before running into my room. I slammed the door shut and stood in front of the mirror. I stared into my reflection and wiped my tears. I need to be stronger than this. I need to be like her. He needed Maya. A Maya with some improvements he'll get.

Maya's POV (After the kiss)

Riley ran off and I noticed she was crying. I felt my heart tear when I noticed what I did to her. I betrayed my best friend. She probably hates me right now. I slowly sunk down onto the sand placing my head on my head to muffle my tears that were pouring down my face. I felt muscular arms wrapping around me.

"I can't believe I did that to my best friend," I cried. 

"It takes two to tango," he laughed sitting down next to me and pulling me closer to him. I laid my head on his shoulder and I felt butterflies in my stomach. For a moment I forgot everything and snuggled closer to him. 

"I don't know what to do Lucas," I sighed. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath taking in the fresh ocean smell. 

"Well first do you like me?" he asked. I opened my eyes and turned to look at him. 

"I think I do," I responded taking in what I just said. His face lit up and he smiled. 

"I didn't know the Maya Hart was capable of doing so," he laughed. I giggled and realized what he does to me. He makes me feel better. He makes me forget the old depressed Maya I once knew. The one who cried during Freshman Year seeing Lucas kissing Riley. The one who hid her feeling for everything and replaced it with anger. 

"Do you like me?" I choked out. 

"I really do," he said pressing a kiss on my forehead. My heart started beating faster. 

"So what now?" I asked. 

"I want to be with you Maya," he said grabbing my hand. 

"You literally just broke up with your girlfriend 5 minutes ago," I chuckled, "Or tried to." 

"I know but I really want to be with you."

"We should talk to Riley about this," I said clearing my mind.

"When she's in the right state of mind," he added. I laughed and got closer to him. Everything was perfect. For now.