XXXII

PREVIOUSLY,
|Sanghyun's POV|

"Sanghyun-ssi!" I perked up when I heard my name being called in a whisper. It wasn't coming from the door of the room, but rather somewhere else. I slowly got up and tried to find where the whisper was coming from.

"Sanghyun-ssi? She might not be in here." A guy murmured quietly but somehow I recognized whose voice it was. My eyes went wide.

"Wonshik-ssi?" I called out and peeked through the wood-locked windows.

----------

|Author's POV|

Wonshik was about to move to the other side of the mansion when,

"Wonshik-ssi?" Sanghyun called out. Wonshik's eyes widened as he searched where the voice was coming from.

"Sanghyun-ssi? Where are you?" Wonshik cautiously whispered back, taking thorough look in the vicinity.

"Right here, behind the jam-locked windows." Sanghyun whispered. Wonshik immediately knew where she was.

"I found her, but she's locked from the inside. It might take some time." Wonshik pressed his in ear and informed his subordinates who were waiting for his updates.

"Let me find another way, I'll come get you." Wonshik assured.

"Okay. Be safe." Sanghyun said and Wonshik spoke in affirmation, then walked off towards another place to breach in.

|Sanghyun's POV|

I was now pacing around the room knowing that someone has already come and is about to save me. How are we going to escape with these kinds of people inside the house?

In perfect synchronization, the moment I sat back down on the bed, the door leading to outside opened.

"Clarissa, my dear. You're finally awake, I see." The middle aged woman greeted as she walked inside the room with the same men who abducted me.

"What do you want from me? Why did you kidnap me?" I spoke with gritted teeth as I glared at them hardly. The woman only gave me a small smile and sat on the chair across from where I was sitting.

"Before I answer that, I hope you won't attempt to escape again or else you'll end up the same as what happened to you awhile ago. And you'll never find out the truth." The woman said. I huff in annoyance but agreed.

"Fine. Now tell me everything. What do you want from me?" I asked

"We want you back in our family. I kept telling you that." The woman sighed as she spoke. I scoff.

"Did you even have a sense of conscience left in you before you asked that kind of thing? Have you forgotten about the fact that you left me here in Korea to basically die?" I ask with anger increasing word by word. The woman couldn't say anything and just stared at me still with sad, but desperate eyes. I continue.

"I might've forgiven you if you placed me on someone's doorstep to be adopted, but being thrown in the trash? Isn't that way inhuman of you? What kind of mother are you? No. Should you be even called a mother?" My voice was now louder than I had intended it to be.

"Yes." I looked at the owner of the voice and saw one of her two companions stepping forward from where he was. With that I noticed how young he was. Probably younger than me and I raised a brow at him.

"How sure are you? And who are you to say that?" I ask him. He never budged and took a deep breath.

"Both of us. We're her sons. You're our big sister." He said, pointing at the guy behind him. Now that I realized it, they certainly were twins with almost the exact same features. I scoff for the hundreth time.