Chapter One

Ch. 1

"No, No, No, you have to add the forty to one hundred then multiply the ten" I corrected as I helped my friend Jenna with our math homework on the way to school.

"okay" she mumbled, struggling to write on her notebook as she walked with me. I chuckled shaking my head.

"why do you always leave it to the last second?" I asked. she mumbled something I couldn't under stand, but I think she said that she was busy.

"I was with Kacey" she mumbled, rushing to sit on the side walk as we waited for our bus.

"Jenna we're seniors this year, at least try not to go on that rollercoaster you usually do with A's and F's" I sighed. she nodded, continuing to finish the homework.

"so, you never told me how your spring break was" Jenna mumbled, shoving her papers into her shoulder bag. I thought for a moment, school breaks were always about work. if there was an opportunity to work extra hours at the auto shop I was in for it. I was in for just about anything, always looking for extra jobs on the side, something to get by on in order to live another day in the house.

"just the usual" I shrugged.

"taking care of your mum?" Jenna growled, she hated my mum, but what could I do? I love her.

"yeah" I sighed.

"Avery, look, you should come stay with me. I've told you a thousand times, my mum and dad won't mind" I shook my head.

"I cant do that to mum"

"who cares what she wants?!" Jenna groaned.

"she hits you, Avery, for nothing" her eyes were sad, the blue in them dulling.

"I'm fine Jenn, its not as bad as it used to be" she sighed as the bus came to a stop in front of us. we climbed on and took our seat, Jenna sliding in right next to me.

***

"Oh, look who's here" Jenna grinned, nudging my shoulder.

"shut up, don't make me look for Payne" I mumbled. she huffed, crossing her arms and continued to walk with me as we walked into school.

"oh, look over there" I smirked, watching as the brown eyed boy ran his fingers through his soft looking brown hair as we walked up to him. Jennas eyes widened seeing Payne, he was tall and handsome, his eyes were a deep chocolate like color. then came his hair, it looked like he put no effort into looking so god like. his style was another thing. Payne was always in a plad designed shirt, he had, from what I've seen, a variety of plad shirts. it was rare when he'd dress in a regular tshirt. he also had a thing for those gloves without fingers. he was scruffy as well, facial hair was his thing. it looked good on him. today he was wearing a red flannel with the sleeves ripped off and a white tshirt under it. his jeans were blue and slightly greasy. Payne was quite the grease monkey, he loved cars. I guess that's why girls wanted him, but Jenna, she knew him, they were in primary school together. Liam James Payne was his name and he wasnt the cutest kid when he was younger. I thought he was adorable though. Jenna whimpered, looking down and groaning.

"relax, mines no better"

"why do you like him?" Jenna curiously asked.

"I've just known him forever. we were friends as children, he just kinda left an impact on me, ya know?" Jenna didnt really understand my infatuation with him of all people. I sighed, my wardrobe consisted of a grey long sleeve some skinny jeans and black converse, my hair today was thankfully straight in the dirty brown mud color it is. my face was thankfully hidden by my glasses, my ordinary brown eyes behind them. he was beautifully perfect in every way though. Edward was his name, Edward Jason Styles. lets start off with his skin, it was a perfect ivory color, his eyes were so green, a hunter green that would often change into an either light green or a greenish blue, his lips, oh gosh his lips, they were a Rosie pink color, so soft and plump, they were a dream to think of kissing, to just imagine them darkening to a deeper shade of red, like a rose. Edward had a style that always fit him so perfectly, it would go from wearing a simple black tshirt and jeans, to a scarf like head band holding his chocolate brown curls back, and some black skinny jeans, a red flannel and some dark brown boots, Edward was flawless and perfect. my admiration was cut short as I felt a hand push me down, my bag falling to the floor and a few people looking over to me.

"geez Avery, drool much?" a few laughs slipped, but I could really care less what they thought was funny. Gretchen Fredricks was the bottle blondes name. she hated getting called that so she changed her name to Ginger, in the social world, not legally. she was so plastic and for some odd reason she enjoyed seeing my pain.

"back off Carter, Styles is mine" she growled. I rolled my eyes. all Gretchen wanted was to sleep with him and for some odd reason, she'd always get turned down, it made me laugh and enjoy life just a bit more.

"sure Gretchen" I scoffed, turning around to see Jenna with my bag in hand. I smirked and noticed those green eyes burning into me.

"what did you say?" her snobby voice asked.

"just back off Ginger" Jenna snapped, handing me my bag. 'Ginger' rolled her eyes and just walked away. like always, once my presence was known Edwards eyes never left me. I glanced behind me, catching those fire lit green eyes. I blushed, looking away, then I tried to sneak a peak at him, but he caught my eyes again and I could've sworn that I saw Edward slightly stumble as he walked to his class. I turned around, smiling to myself as I walked down to homeroom with Jenna.

***

"ahh, the old cat and mouse game" Jenna smirked. I sighed, shaking my head.

"you two have some sort of chemistry" she added.

"so, you excited for third hour?" I grinned. Jenna glared.

"don't know, how do you feel about the rest of your day after this?" she smirked. I sighed, why was Edward in all of my classes?

"hey, you're lucky, you get him in a class of yours and you talk to him" I stated. Jenna shrugged, continuing with our mathematics work. I hated math. good thing was, homeroom was short and quick. I think thats why I was passing it, well Jenna kinda helped me on tests. the teacher was Mr. Michaels was always helpful and put the announcements on the whiteboard, the class was like a frat party, non-stop talking and screaming of profanities. Mr. Michaels was a nice guy, but sooner or later, they all break, so he just leaves the work on the board, you hand it in, you pass, you don't, well you're screwed. The work was hard at times, so I used to go up and ask for help, he always helped when needed. I sighed, after Jenna and I finished our work, we turned it in and, well kinda just sat there till the bell rang.

*******************

instagram: @Edwards_Broken_Promises

~JazzibooXx