Chapter Seven ~Ed~

really quick the name

Nanook is pronounced N-uh-nook

Ch. 7

my tired eyes opened reluctantly at the sound of tapping on the window. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking behind me to see that it was five thirty in the morning, my almost lifeless body was pulled out of bed, pulling away from Avery reluctantly. I sighed, quietly making my way over to her window to see no one outside. I opened it up, looking out and finding her lawn empty. I let out a heavy breath, pushing down the window and hissing slightly at the pain in my shoulder. that kid a few nights ago hit me pretty hard. I sat down on her bed, watching her sleep and I felt like I had to do something for her, she wanted that same drawing, but I couldn't replicate that. I had to start fresh.

my attention was brought to her small hand, a bandage wrapped around it. I didnt want to wake her up, I'd ask her tonight when I saw her.

school started at around seven thirty, I had time. I smirked to myself, pulling out the same sketchbook she'd given me, it was only reserved for the special moments I saw Avery, when the light was perfect and her eyes shined like they always did, those pink lips forming a smile when she'd laugh observing others conversations, or the way she would twist her hair around in shyness. I grinned opening up my book and started on drawing her.

I thought that with time I'd get used to drawing her, but I only found new things to love about her every time, she was flawless in my eyes, even though I knew that in truth there is no perfect person, Avery was as close to perfect as anyone could get, she was so strong. if anyone ever described her as perfect, Avery would be too shy to agree.

"Edward" she mumbled, shuffling.

"No, No, No" I whispered, holding my breath and prayed that she wouldn't move too much. I sighed in relief as she stayed in her position, smiling at the thought of her dreaming of me.

"I love you" I muttered to myself, knowing she couldn't hear me, it was the same as last night, she was too tired to notice my confession. I continued, grinning as she continued to breathe out and gasp my name, all while I drew her. my eyes looked over the clock, the red numbers reading '6:24a.m.' I was just about finished drawing her, quietly ripping out the page and leaving it in the spot I occupied moments before, jotting down a quick note on a separate piece of paper, before leaving a kiss to her forehead, leaving out the window.

***

"shit!" I hissed, falling through my window and on the cold wood floor of my bedroom.

"Edward?!"

fuck.

"what were you doing!? I was worried sick about you!?" mum cried, rushing over to me, quickly pulling my face down to hers, looking into my eyes. I gulped, staying quiet as she observed me, grunting slightly when she touched my shoulder. her tired, dull blue eyes watering as she looked at me.

"where is it, huh?! you were fighting again last night!" she sobbed. I sighed, the one time she's ever been wrong about this is now.

"No, Mum, I wasn't fighting" I mumbled, taking her hands in mine, stopping her from looking for any money on me.

"then where were you, Edward?" she softly spoke, her tired eyes looking for answers in mine.

"I was with a Friend" I mumbled, smiling slightly at the thought of Avery. mum sighed, looking to the floor.

"what girl was it this time?" she asked, her voice cracking slightly. I quickly shook my head, pulling her to face me.

"Mum, it wasn't like that" I quickly defended.