Chapter Five

the song Avery and Edward dance to first is Demons ~imagine dragons~

Ch. 5

the music was booming in the house, drunk, sweaty, teenagers dancing and grinding against each other, the air smelling of beer and strong liquor. Edward held me close to his body, a secure hand round my waist. I gasped as he tugged me away from the drunk males that wanted me for a dance partner. the air was thick and I felt so misplaced in the situation.

"C'mon, I'll get you a drink" Edward shouted over the music. I nodded, walking with him, in our mission to find the kitchen. I was surprised they even let me in, but I guess you could say I didn't look that much like me, Jenna had fun, making me put my contacts on. they were only for emergencies, if my glasses ever broke. I could tell that the guys here were too drunk to recognize me, they all stared at me with strange looks, disgust? or maybe it was something else in their dark eyes. I couldn't really recognize the emotion, or lack of emotion in their eyes. my eyes widened when I saw Ginger in the kitchen as we walked in. she glared, her already red face, deepening with anger. her steps were quick and swift as she came over to Edward and I. Ginger stood by Edward as he grabbed us drinks.

"what is she doing here?" Ginger snapped at Edward.

"I said to come alone, remember?" she seductively suggested to him as her freshly manicured nails went up to tangle in his curls, urging him down to her.

those curls weren't for her to touch, or play with...they weren't even mine, not anymore..

Edward cringed and I looked to the floor, unable to see what was about to play out. my heart was already broken enough. some pieces I couldn't even find, no one could fix my broken, shattered heart, no one but the one who broke it.

"Well, no. I Don't remember. Avery's my date" I heard Edward grit through his teeth. my eyes left the ground to look up and see Edward take her by the wrist and pull her fingers from his curls, pushing her away. I squeaked as his arm pulled me into his body, holding me close. I couldn't help the smile that found my lips, a deep shade of blush rising on my cheeks.

"is there a problem with that?" he smirked. Gingers eyes widened in surprise, her overly revealed chest rising and falling as she took deep breaths, trying to calm herself down. she glared at me, before walking away. I noticed other people from my school take a look at Edward and I, together. the girls mostly glared though.

"C'mon" Edward spoke, pulling me with him to further explore the house. I had let the smile grow on my lips as Edward tugged me through the crowd of people, this was high school life?

to not have a single worry or care in the world?

"Liam, mate!" I was brought out of my thoughts as I took a look at who Edward called. my eyes widened, seeing Liam, Jenna's Liam. he looked over to us, nodding as we made our way over to him.

"Hey man!" Liam shouted. I took notice that he was dressed in a plain black tshirt, with some jeans and those brown boots he wears so much. Liam smirked at Edward when he saw me, and I blushed.

"Avery, right?" he asked. I nodded.

"did you bring your friend, or did Edward bring you?" he asked as he looked around the room. I shook my head.

"Ed, brought me" I confirmed. Liam sighed, nodding as he still continued to search for someone in the sea of people. he couldn't be looking for Jenna, could he?

I lifted the cup in my hands up to my lips, taking a sip as I looked around the sea of a few unfamiliar faces and continued to analyze the question in my head. my eyebrows rose in surprise, tasting the fruity drink. it was a surprise to taste that it was non alcoholic. I sighed, taking in the fact that I didn't have to worry about, anything at all tonight. I could finally be an actual teenager.