Chapter Thirteen

I really wanted to rewrite their first time, so, I did, it's been changed if you wanna go read it!:) ~Sept. 24, 2014 dating this so people who read it in the future know that I didn't change it recently. it wasn't a big change, just a few tweaks.

p.s. I swear I'm a virgin! (you'll understand why I say this soon)

Ch. 13

"I'll see you tonight" Edward mumbled, sitting on his bike and watching me get off. I nodded, smiling at him, he was dropping me off at Mike's. Edward had to go somewhere else. I knew where he was going, his cheek looked so bruised up and I couldn't even think of the horrible marks left on his chest. I just wanted to kiss every painful scar of his away. I leaned into Edward, he expected a kiss, but I only kissed his cheek, in hopes of reminding him that I thought about his safety.

"be careful" I whispered when he placed his hand where the curve of my neck and shoulder met.

"I will" he mumbled before pressing his lips to mine. I savoured the taste of his lips, peppermint, it had become a new favorite of mine and I took note of how rough his normally soft lips were.

"try and keep your lips safe. I like kissing you" I whispered into his lips. he chuckled at my comment, taking my bottom lip between his teeth and tugging lightly before letting go.

"your kisses keep me going" I blushed, looking away before stepping away from him, biting my bottom lip as he smirked at me before pulling on his helmet and winking at me. I watched him ride down the street till he turned out of my eyesight.

"hey there" Mike grinned. I blushed, looking away.

"so, you and Edward?"

"yeah" I blushed, looking down.

"he's a good guy" Mike nodded in approval.

"I'm gonna go work on the car now" he mumbled, walking away after hugging me. the day was short and boring, a few men and women asking about the equipment and getting what they needed. it was around seven thirty and it had gotten pretty dark.

"c'mon baby, start for daddy!" Mike begged his car, banging on the dashboard as the engine kept stalling.

"fuck!" he muttered.

"I'll walk you"

"No, Mike, really-"

"Avery, it's late and dark outside, Edward would kill me if something happened to you" he stated.

"okay" I nodded, getting out of his car and walking with him. the neighborhood was bad at night and I usually avoided walking this late. it reminded me of the night I went to find Edward. I relaxed when Mike and I neared my home. Mike could sense my nervousness when we heard a few men behind us, his arm quickly went round my waist, bringing me close as we neared my home. I felt a heavy weight lift off of me when I saw the males continue their walk.

"night, Avery" Mike smiled, hugging me before walking away. I walked up to my front door, sighing when I opened my door and walking to my room, noticing that my mum wasn't home, probably with her new boyfriend. I cringed at the memory of him on top of her. my shower was long and relaxing, letting the warm water wash down my tense muscles. the smell of my new shampoo and conditioner was enjoyed. the scent of white tea and mint filling my nose, washing my body with the sweet pea and violet scented body wash I had. I stepped out in my white towel, drying my hair with the other one I had and walking to my room. I tossed my towel on my bed, sighing quietly.

"wow"

I gasped, turning around to see Edward, shutting my door and locking it, before making his way to me. I blushed a deep shade of crimson, looking away.