A Letter to The Man That Saved My Life

Dear Dad,

    I'm writing this in letter form because it's not as easy to write, and you deserve more than a simple text. I can not explain how much you mean to me. You are my hero, my inspiration, my best friend, my dad. It feels so good to be able to say I have a dad. It makes me feel amazing. You are so smart, and have so much life experience, so many stories to tell, so much love to give, you are so selfless. You gave up the life you had then to raise two little blonde kids who needed you more than ever. You looked at two bruised up, scared little toddlers and turned them into something beautiful, an immaculate talented father made two broken kids felt like they finally had a home. You saved my life, dad. You gave me the love I never felt like I deserved. Your house felt like a castle and to this day you make me feel like a princess. I am so grateful to be raised by a man of god and a humble and supportive and successful human being. I don't think words will ever do justice. We may not always agree with things, but I know that you will always love me, even if I mess up. You are forgiving, yet honest. Your stories about your life make me excited to go out and be somebody. You don't deserve to lose all of the people you have. Abby, the woman you loved. Steve, grandma, grandpa, Maggie, Larry's daughter. You don't deserve any pain or any sadness because all you've ever done in this life is make people feel worth loving and worth happiness and worth life itself. I post photos of you because I am so proud to call you my dad. I think you are the most handsome man in the world and your eyes are filled with wisdom and beauty and a genuine love for life that I one day wish to have. When I was told to kill my self that night, I thought to myself that you didn't deserve to have that burden of feeling like a failed father, and I hope I never fail you. I hope you see me on TV or in the news paper one day and look at me with pride because YOU raised me. I love you dad.

                                                             Love,
                                                                         Bree